Trusted Contributor

@Whosits wrote:

Seems like they will say anything to make a sale, flying in the face of truth. Watching Denim and Co and they are showing a long sleeve sweater knit top and Carolyn says 'you can wear this top all year long." Sure, maybe in Alaska, maybe if you are very frail and cold all of the time. For the rest of us in the rest of the country you would roast in that top! I have noticed this occasionally before across the line. Not just D&Co and it always amazes me. 

Anchorage was 89 degrees today. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Anything to make a sale

[ Edited ]

@ILTH wrote:

@Whosits wrote:

Seems like they will say anything to make a sale, flying in the face of truth. Watching Denim and Co and they are showing a long sleeve sweater knit top and Carolyn says 'you can wear this top all year long." Sure, maybe in Alaska, maybe if you are very frail and cold all of the time. For the rest of us in the rest of the country you would roast in that top! I have noticed this occasionally before across the line. Not just D&Co and it always amazes me. 

Anchorage was 89 degrees today. 

@ILTH   I saw that too...Alaska is under a record breaking heatwave. I'll bet most folks there have been shedding their clothes and the grizzly bears are spending longer hours in the river at Katmai catching salmon to stay cool  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I have always run warm, eve as a child.  i can't seem to get cool enough during the Summer here in New England.  I barely wear short sleeves in the cooler months let alone Summer.  We don't need to be sold on when to wear the ****** clothing.  

Esteemed Contributor

It won't be long before we hear that this outfit, shirt, scarf, 

shoes, everything they sell will be perfect to wear pumpkin

picking.

That is a popular one. Not sure how many people do that.

Esteemed Contributor

@threecees  Don't mind them giving viewers a "visual" . . . but would love to have the hosts pronounce the word "pumpkin" with the "mp" included in it and not a "n" thrown in instead. That grates on my English language every year!! How have they gone through life without someone correcting them on such a common word used on air??

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anything to make a sale

[ Edited ]

@aroc3435  You've nailed "cold blooded" perfectly, including "cold hands, warm heart!" It's painful to see  so many on this Forum alone, suffer from such a miserable cool inner  feeling. My parents, or husband, never understood my love of 85+ degree weather. (My son grew up with me always cold and knows no other way of life for me. I was always asking him to put on a jacket because I was cold! He didn't.) Doesn't matter if it IS hot and humid! At least my blood finally flows at a comfortable temperature and my feet, hands and nose are warm. Ahhh, blissful is hot summer weather!

Great post. Thanks everyone for your Heart's to @aroc3435 's post. She nailed it!.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

Maybe I should have bought a few. Never know when I might get a chill t0KhXgf - Edited.pngWoman LOL

well you know how chilly it gets in the office and in restaurants?  NO IT DOESN'T !!  Lol.

Trusted Contributor

I'm so warm natured that I'll be the only one in the nursing home wearing a tank top and shorts!!  Don't try to picture that.  It won't be pretty!

Trusted Contributor

@kze wrote:

@cactusgal wrote:

Maybe I should have bought a few. Never know when I might get a chill t0KhXgf - Edited.pngWoman LOL

well you know how chilly it gets in the office and in restaurants?  NO IT DOESN'T !!  Lol.

I agree.  I chuckle when I hear these statements over and over.  Where in the world are these people going that they need to bring sweaters and jackets to restaraunts, movie theaters, etc in the middle of the Summer!  I live in MD where our weather is not that different from PA.  

Esteemed Contributor

Ya know, everyone feels heat and cold differently.  I'm one of those who always has to take a jacket or sweater to a restaurant, theater, etc.  It doesn't matter how hot the temps are outside, some buildings are too chilly on the inside. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt