Regular Contributor

I want a shirt that buttons down the front in something other than denim.  I already have three denim shirts and am looking for cotton, spandex in white, powder blue, lilac, etc.  Also I like short sleeve tops for summer but wish they could put a cuff or shirring on the sleeves to make them a little more interesting. At my age, I want to cover the top part of my arms but just a plain elbow length sleeve is boring.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like you need a personal shopper.

Honored Contributor

Unless you want to iron, look for a cotton/poly blend.  There will be plenty of button up shirts but you just don't see cuffed short sleeve shirts.  I buy long sleeve and cut and hem the sleeves for summer to suit myself. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Go to Appleseeds and look at the no iron Foxcroft line.  If you need to order up, not down.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anything But Denim

[ Edited ]

Look at Side Stitch on QVC. They have exactly what you are describing.

Honored Contributor

@evergreen 

Definitely check JCPenney and Blair and Chico's and Coldwater Creek.

Just did a brief check ... they all have the shirts you describe.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Go to Appleseeds and look at the no iron Foxcroft line.  If you need to order up, not down.

Foxcroft has an enormous selection on their own website - foxcroftcollection.com. They are not cheap but they wear like iron.

Valued Contributor

@evergreen 

Also, check out Nordstrom Rack. They have many shirts in the Foxcroft brand.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anything But Denim

[ Edited ]

@evergreen    Check out JJill in regular and sale prices online.  This is from JJill Classic White shirt cotton and polyester & spandex.  It's $79 and $89 for plus size.  Keep an eye on it as they offer great sales if you don't want to pay regular prices.

Image for Classic White Shirt

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

To me, what you're describing is called a camp shirt.  Is that what you're looking for?  

Or, you can find tencel (lyocell) button-up shirts at Old Navy.  I have an irovy colored one I bought last spring for about $15.  No iron.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt