Esteemed Contributor

Anyone wear skinny tees under exercise top?

I just now  tried a skinny tee (ordered one from Amazon) and I'm actually liking it. I'm also looking for good workout clothes, too, right now. Does anyone here wear a skinny tee underneath their workout t-shirt? I'm thinking it'd be cool to have the extra length.... just curious. I'm not overweight, but I'm a little self conscious of what I wear to the YMCA (just starting). Anyone?

Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone wear skinny tees under exercise top?

I love Skinny tees and have about every color. I workout every day and personally woudn't work out in one, but then I go pretty all out. I don't find they stay in place as marketed on QVC. I find myself pulling it down a bit every now and then.I'm 5'11" though. If I worked out in it, it would drive me nuts with the movement. JMO

Honored Contributor

I wear a skinny tee under a top or a jacket when I walk for exercise, it's a nice light layer that doesn't heat me up too much. I would not wear it in the summer though.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always wear a skinny tee under my workout shirts for my yoga class. We are always doing poses where my shirt would expose my stomach so this is just added coverage. 

Honored Contributor

I guess it depends on what type of workout you do.  I wear them under my tees for Pilates and just around the house too.  If I was doing calisthenics, I don't think so.  I only wear them in the cold weather because they make me hot.  

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I just now  tried a skinny tee (ordered one from Amazon) and I'm actually liking it. I'm also looking for good workout clothes, too, right now. Does anyone here wear a skinny tee underneath their workout t-shirt? I'm thinking it'd be cool to have the extra length.... just curious. I'm not overweight, but I'm a little self conscious of what I wear to the YMCA (just starting). Anyone?

@Goldengate8361

You're assuming every one wears a "work out tee shirt".   I wear a sleeveless leotard ... couldn't stand wearing sleeves when working out.  JMO

Trusted Contributor

You might look "cool", but you will probably be too warm with 2 layers that you can't remove!  I sometimes wear the Legacy skirted legging - the one with faux leather is really nice- when I want to cover up a bit.  A t shirt over that, & you're good.  Have fun!

Occasional Contributor

Although not the Skinny Tees brand, I do wear one when I work out, under my tee shirt. I do like the length for coverage in my workout pants. Wearing that layer is a must for me in Yoga classes otherwise my shirt would be around my neck in downward dog! I also wear them when I walk outside for coverage and warmth. It's a personal choice so if you want to wear them, do it!

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361  I own about 6 skinny tees. I do wear them under tees while exercising for extra coverage/length/warmth. I like them under cardigans since they don't add extra bulk & wear them under itchy pullovers or sweaters/shirts that are a little sheer. I'm sure I'd never wear them on their own. They do show every bump & roll...not really meant to be shapewear.

Honored Contributor

I liked them at first, and now they are just feeling uncomfortable.  I wish they weren't so compressed, and I'm a size 4 so it's not that they are too small for me.  I don't know how  plus sized women would like these.  They just feel too tight!! 

I'd like a skinnytee type of top that isn't so compressed.  

I am now wearing Old Navy tanks under my LLLemon jackets.  The skinnytees were just too uncomfortable.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"