Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone watching the OSCARS?

@Brunette wrote:

That yellow dress was pretty.   Forgot the actress name that was wearing it.

There are a couple of yellow dresses this year, Alicia (from The Danish Girl)  is wearing a beautiful dress!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kardi wrote:

Just turned it on.  Jennifer Flavin Stallones dress sure didn't impress me, but Lady Gaga looked beautiful and she has become such a lovely , talented , gracious woman!  

I agree- about both!! 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Chris Rock and think he's very funny BUT I'm sad and disappointed that the entire opening of the Oscars had to be about racism. We get enough of it on a daily basis with all the madness going on in this country right now. I wish he should have rose above it for this one night and not given the Smith's or Spike Lee the time of day. No surprise that the political agenda started 15 minutes in....which IMO should not be allowed to happen at a nationally televised awards show.

Trusted Contributor

The costume winner forgot to get dressed up. Lol

Respected Contributor

@lobstergal wrote:

I like Chris Rock and think he's very funny BUT I'm sad and disappointed that the entire opening of the Oscars had to be about racism. We get enough of it on a daily basis with all the madness going on in this country right now. I wish he should have rose above it for this one night and not given the Smith's or Spike Lee the time of day. No surprise that the political agenda started 15 minutes in....which should not be allowed to happen at a nationally televised awards show.

@lobstergal - I think he made it very clear to everyone that there are bigger problems in the world than to worry whether Spike or Jada will show up at the Oscars. 

Valued Contributor

@Brunette wrote:

She parked her Harley in the mini-mart parking lot around the corner.

Respected Contributor

@Brunette wrote:

@Brunette - Weird huh?  Of all the categories! 

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@lobstergal wrote:

I like Chris Rock and think he's very funny BUT I'm sad and disappointed that the entire opening of the Oscars had to be about racism. We get enough of it on a daily basis with all the madness going on in this country right now. I wish he should have rose above it for this one night and not given the Smith's or Spike Lee the time of day. No surprise that the political agenda started 15 minutes in....which should not be allowed to happen at a nationally televised awards show.

@lobstergal - I think he made it very clear to everyone that there are bigger problems in the world than to worry whether Spike or Jada will show up at the Oscars. 

Exactly, it was addressing the 'pink elephant' in the room....

Respected Contributor

Does anyone beside me think the scrolling of thank you's is dumb?  It's moving so fast, no one can read it!

Esteemed Contributor

If anyone wants to know what Jared Leto was talking about when he mentioned a "merkin," this is from Wiki:

A merkin is a pubic wig. Merkins were originally worn by prostitutes after shaving their genitalia, and are now used as decorative items, erotic devices, or in films, by both men and women. The female version is usually made of fur, beaver pelts, linen or some soft version of cloth, while the male version is usually made of loops, chains, or metal, and is much more closely related to the codpiece.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop