Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watching Melissa McCarthy on the other channel?

Colleen said HSN is the only place you can buy Melissa's items in non plus-sizes.

This is her second visit and I've never seen anything marked down from her first visit.  Everything seems to sell really well.

Some of the items are cute, some not my style at all and I hate to say that I don't find the items to be very flattering on Melissa.  I also really wish the presentations were better.  They sit there and talk about the item but they weren't really giving fabric content, care instructions, etc.

Colleen's jeans were too short for the heel she had on.  She wore those same shoes on The List with a pair of ponte pants which were also way too short for those shoes.  That's why I noticed the shoes so much.  LOL

I have no experience with Melissa's line but the prices seem rather high.  I think HSN has a tendency to start a line off too high.    

Honored Contributor

I too noticed that, unlike other lines, they did not give the fabrications on anything (I saw) with the exception of the jeans.

The prices are high; are we paying for a superior material or are we paying for the name?

Having said that I do like her and highly respect that she's an actual designer by trade and training. Serena Williams, too, actually took the time to go to school for it before calling herself a 'designer'. The rest of the 'celebs' with clothing lines should take notice..

And while I know the intent is sincere I don't believe it's possible to flatter all sizes, heights, and shapes in the same fashions...

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I too noticed that, unlike other lines, they did not give the fabrications on anything (I saw) with the exception of the jeans.

The prices are high; are we paying for a superior material or are we paying for the name?

Having said that I do like her and highly respect that she's an actual designer by trade and training. Serena Williams, too, actually took the time to go to school for it before calling herself a 'designer'. The rest of the 'celebs' with clothing lines should take notice..

And while I know the intent is sincere I don't believe it's possible to flatter all sizes, heights, and shapes in the same fashions...

I agree.  I really like her and even though I knew I wouldn't be ordering anything, I watched both the show with Colleen and the one with Amy because I enjoy Melissa. 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

the fabric content is on each item page. click on where it says "details" and you will see the boxes with fit, content, and care.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

the fabric content is on each item page. click on where it says "details" and you will see the boxes with fit, content, and care.

I know you can go on-line to find the information but IMO this is info. that should be given during a presentation.  For some reason, it seems like some of the hosts forget to give the pertinent information when they are with a guest.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

I know you can go on-line to find the information but IMO this is info. that should be given during a presentation.  For some reason, it seems like some of the hosts forget to give the pertinent information when they are with a guest.

Exactly. And while we're all clearly computer literate there are plenty of people who haven't embraced the technology and, like my 76 year old boss, have no intention of doing so...stating the fabrication in the presentation, I think, is their obligation.

Respected Contributor

i find HSN hosts rarely give the fabric content on screen or mention it. they mostly use synthetics, or a blend .  last week on the List they showcased TV show designers on and one showed an equestrian style  poncho by the designer from Revenge.  looked really pretty but they never mentioned it is 100% acrylic

last nite i caught a few minutes of the PM Style show with the Halston cardigan and they gave the fabric blend right there  on-screen.  it is good to know the textile you are buying. QVC does a better job with showing fabrics and giving measurements for garments

Honored Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

i find HSN hosts rarely give the fabric content on screen or mention it. they mostly use synthetics, or a blend .  last week on the List they showcased TV show designers on and one showed an equestrian style  poncho by the designer from Revenge.  looked really pretty but they never mentioned it is 100% acrylic

last nite i caught a few minutes of the PM Style show with the Halston cardigan and they gave the fabric blend right there  on-screen.  it is good to know the textile you are buying. QVC does a better job with showing fabrics and giving measurements for garments

Every channel is predominantly using synthetics. From the real designers to the psuedo designers to the exclusive brands developed for the station. They don't carry the stigma they once did. QVC featured a 100% acrylic piece of their own last night!

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

Every channel is predominantly using synthetics. From the real designers to the psuedo designers to the exclusive brands developed for the station. They don't carry the stigma they once did. QVC featured a 100% acrylic piece of their own last night!

it doesn't necessrily mean stigma although that is an odd word.   they just lose sales if they give the true fabrication, i know i wouild not buy if i knew it was poly, i just hate polyester, it does not breathe, acrylic is another fabric i just avoid!   i like natural fibers, has nothing to do with stigma.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Melissa and think she does a great job with her presentations.  She does look like she lost a bit of weight and looks terrific!

While I don't care for most of the items, a couple were cute.  I put them on my wishlist pending a sale price.  I never EVER pay full price on HSN.

Colleen looks amazing, but I agree, those jeans were way too short on her.