Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone want to buy Bruce Makowsky's Beverly Hills home? It'a bargain at 85 million.

If I read it correctly, it appears Makowsky is getting into a new business of buying and renovating homes. The guy obviously has a flair for style. I agree -- I can't relate to the lifestyles of those interested in these mansions. No judgments - just not appealing.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone want to buy Bruce Makowsky's Beverly Hills home? It'a bargain at 85 million.

Sure, let me find my purse and checkbook.......and I will put the check in today's mail...
Honored Contributor

On 11/30/2014 ury said:

If I read it correctly, it appears Makowsky is getting into a new business of buying and renovating homes. The guy obviously has a flair for style. I agree -- I can't relate to the lifestyles of those interested in these mansions. No judgments - just not appealing.

The video was giving me motion sickness, so I didn't watch it all the way through. From what I could see, it wasn't any place I'd ever want to live.. even if I had a free week to spend there I would be a fish out of water. It was over the top ostentatious and cold looking. Awful, in my opinion. I guess there are people in the market for something like that.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I bet Lisa Robertson is going to buy that house after she quits at QVC. She'll sell her house in Pennsylvania and buy the California house and spend all 2015 decorating it for Christmas. Then she'll sell videos of her decorating. Brilliant!

Honored Contributor

On 11/30/2014 maximillian said:

I bet Lisa Robertson is going to buy that house after she quits at QVC. She'll sell her house in Pennsylvania and buy the California house and spend all 2015 decorating it for Christmas. Then she'll sell videos of her decorating. Brilliant!

No way! Even if that house comes down to some halfway sensible price - whatever that is, Lisa hasn't yet earned that kind of money. Also, I won't be at all surprised to see her stay somewhere on the East Coast near NYC.

Honored Contributor

On 11/30/2014 house_cat said:
On 11/30/2014 ury said:

The video was giving me motion sickness, so I didn't watch it all the way through. From what I could see, it wasn't any place I'd ever want to live.. even if I had a free week to spend there I would be a fish out of water. It was over the top ostentatious and cold looking. Awful, in my opinion. I guess there are people in the market for something like that.

You both are right, IMO. I love the outside of the home, but seems cold inside. Who wants to walk around on hard marble all day.
? That aside, I am sure a foreign investor will buy it. That is norm for the area, and that price point They buy them to show off, and bring business associates. Believe me. The area is dry, and not as tree filled as other areas of BH. Also, it is one measly acre! on that they build a 22,000 sq ft home. Taxes, insurance alone will run upward of close to million a year? What is 1.5 to 2% of 85,000,000? That is where the tax base would start, yearly! Not chump change. Yearly maintenance alone will cost more than many of us make in 2 or 3 year period

I like the Hollywood Hills myself and Studio City by the Hollywood sign. The homes are old, regal and totally doused in tree seclusion! That is IF I wanted to live in So Cal at all. Not like I could afford even the paint for the Hollywood sign, LOL!

I think BM has a good rep as a home builder for an elite percentage of home buyers.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/30/2014 Kitlynn said:

I might be the odd one out on this but I don't think it is pretty at all. Very cold and sterile except for the pool.

I agree that some of the furnishings are cold & sterile.

I like the house, though. I would just decorate it differently.

Kiss

Honored Contributor

Only caught the tail end of that report on t.v. this a.m.

Will it be on easy pay?

Adding: I'd still do a log cabin up in the mountains if I wanted to spend money on a home that way and it'd be like a large beautiful lodge type!! My dream.

Respected Contributor

On 12/1/2014 qualitygal said:

Only caught the tail end of that report on t.v. this a.m.

Will it be on easy pay?

Adding: I'd still do a log cabin up in the mountains if I wanted to spend money on a home that way and it'd be like a large beautiful lodge type!! My dream.

It's Buy More Save More. Also buy one for the mailman

Trusted Contributor

On 11/30/2014 Kitlynn said:

I might be the odd one out on this but I don't think it is pretty at all. Very cold and sterile except for the pool.

I agree, very cold. I think the furniture is tacky and ugly. {#emotions_dlg.blush}