Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone want to buy Bruce Makowsky's Beverly Hills home? It'a bargain at 85 million.

That's not a home, it's a resort hotel, and a garish one at that. Blech!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone want to buy Bruce Makowsky's Beverly Hills home? It'a bargain at 85 million.

I got bored and didn't even finish the short video. Very sterile--and the view, city sprawl that fades into the smog, is not appealing to me. Someone will buy it, though. I'm sure it will make them very happy until the novelty wears off.

Respected Contributor

On 11/30/2014 house_cat said:

Check this out.

Wow.

Bruce Makowsky's Beverly Hills Mansion

Bruce Makowsky's mansion is in Beverly Hills....Nick Chavez works in Beverly Hills....I'd be able to go visit Nick!!! Later, peasants! I'm going to Beverly Hills!!!............................

Once I can come up with that much money to buy a mansion for that price in Beverly Hills. -_- ............Would B. Makowsky accept an offer of $1.25?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

I hope I have enough money under my comforter for the down payment.

Super Contributor

On 11/30/2014 chrystaltree said: It's not a home, it's a "see how much money I have" monstrosity. If I was a billionaire many times over, I wouldn't live like that.

ITA. I wouldn't care how much money I had, I would have a very nice home, but that is just way over the top. Nothing I would ever be interested in.

Honored Contributor

Why Beverly Hills? That place is not what it used to be. In fact, that area is declining in value. There is Bel Air, Sherman Oaks, Pacific Palisades, Brentwood Park, Pellican Hill, Hidden Hills, Cameo Shores, etc. The list goes on and on. Inflated dollars keep changing neighborhoods. I want to know why it is called the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, when the really wealthy ones live outside Beverly Hills.

Super Contributor

Sorry but that looks more like an office building or some

sort of museum!!

Honored Contributor

It's been on the market quite awhile. Not selling like hot cakes. I always wonder about these houses with the wide glass sliders that are kept open. Don't mosquitos, flies and other undesirables wander in?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

The house may seem excessive (and it is!), but it provided work for quite a few carpenters, plumbers, electricians, and landscapers, not to mention an architect. Shopkeepers made some $$$ from the goods they purchased for it. Those who work on high-end jobs like this, though middle class, likely make more $$$ than they would on more mundane projects. I'm sure the work was appreciated, given the slow-down in construction in recent years.

Valued Contributor