Honored Contributor

Anyone want to buy Bruce Makowsky's Beverly Hills home? It'a bargain at 85 million.

Check this out.

Wow.

Bruce Makowsky's Beverly Hills Mansion

~ house cat ~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone want to buy Bruce Makowsky's Beverly Hills home? It'a bargain at 85 million.

I'm looking for something a little more upscale. Peasants!

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone want to buy Bruce Makowsky's Beverly Hills home? It'a bargain at 85 million.

Please let it be noted, that I didn't read all the fine print before posting. He doesn't live in this house. He built it on speculation. Maybe he'll start offering them on QVC.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I can't wait until it's offered as a lunchtime special and I can pick it up for half price!

Regular Contributor

The article indicates that he's the builder, not the owner (no one has owned it yet). It's a lovely home though. NVM. I see you've noticed that now. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

I might be the odd one out on this but I don't think it is pretty at all. Very cold and sterile except for the pool.

Esteemed Contributor

If I had the $$$, I wouldn't buy a house that expensive. Can you imagine what the real estate taxes, insurance, utilities.........would cost you??? OUCH. I like homes that are on the small side, but fixed up cute and cozy!

Honored Contributor

On 11/30/2014 Kitlynn said:

I might be the odd one out on this but I don't think it is pretty at all. Very cold and sterile except for the pool.

I agree. It's not at all my idea of a dream home. Of course I don't know him personally, but I get the feeling it reflects his personality and values.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

It's not a home, it's a "see how much money I have" monstrosity. If I was a billionaire many times over, I wouldn't live like that.
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/30/2014 YorkieonmyPillow said:

If I had the $$$, I wouldn't buy a house that expensive. Can you imagine what the real estate taxes, insurance, utilities.........would cost you??? OUCH. I like homes that are on the small side, but fixed up cute and cozy!

People who buy that level a house don't care about the other incidentals! Those costs are basically pocket change.