Contributor

Anyone used to work at Jacobson store??

I had a purse from Jacobsons bought in the late 1980s and it was my absolute favorite purse, used it for about 15 years, but lost it in a move. And for the life of me, I cannot remember the brand name. It was multi-colored with purples, tans and oranges, muted, kind of a painted-on look but wasn't painted on, orangish brown leather trim. If anyone would possibly know the brand, I would really appreciate it. I know I'm looking for a needle in a haystack -- it wasn't one of the more popular, well-known brands. I've searched the internet and looked at hundreds of pictures of bags, but cant find it. Have to keep trying cuz I would love to get that bag back.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone used to work at Jacobson store??

that was one of my favorite stores to shop at way back then...haven't heard the name in as many years...it always had really good "stuff"....lots of money...(for me, anyway) but it was worth it...

sorry I didn't buy purses there so I can't help with the name...

Super Contributor

I can't help you either but spend alot of my paycheck at Jacobson's back in the 70s. I purchased the most beautiful blue knit outfit (coat, matching hat and one piece jumper ) for my son when he was just a baby for a wedding that we all had to attend. Loved that outfit! Shopped at Jacobson's in Birmingham, Michigan from the early 60s to the early 80s (when we moved to California). Shopped at the one on St. Armand's Key in Sarasota, Fla. also.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't help you w/the purse name, but I did like Jacobson's. Couldn't afford to shop there, but I loved walking in the store. Made me feel like a princess just walking around and wishing {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

I worked at Jac's in the 80's in Dearborn, MI. But I worked in the credit office, so I am of no help. I do miss Jac's though and the great people I worked with!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Super Contributor

On 3/10/2015 redwingsgal said:

I worked at Jac's in the 80's in Dearborn, MI. But I worked in the credit office, so I am of no help. I do miss Jac's though and the great people I worked with!

redwingsgal - did you work at Michigan and Schafer? Fairlane? I also loved Crowley's.

Go Wings!!!

Contributor

I miss Jake's too. I still have many items that I purchased there.

Maybe someone at this blog site can help you out.

http://departmentstoremuseum.blogspot.com/2011/01/jacobson-stores-inc-jackson-michigan.html

Trusted Contributor

Loved Jaobson's... the Ann Arbor store!

Contributor

I miss Jacobson's, Stekettes, Gilmore's, Marshall Fields, Carson Pierre Scott, and Hudson's! Amazing how many choices we use to have. Sorry I can't help you with your search but thanks for the memories!

Contributor

Thanks for all your comments and support!! I'll check out the museum store -- I keep hoping to find that purse at some garage sale or 2nd hand shop!! I shopped (VERY rarely) at the Jacobsons in Dearborn, MI and remember when I was about 18 I saw this taupe colored trenchcoat with navy topstitching and just fell in love with the coat!! I knew not to even ask my mom for it, so I worked, babysitting all summer and walking dogs, and even house cleaning and doing laundry for some of our neighbors -- saved all my money then went and bought that coat!! I wore that coat for years until it literally fell apart at the seams!!