Super Contributor

Re: Anyone tired of crop jeans or crop pants???

@

Not a fan of ankle pants...didn't they used to be called "high waters" because they weren't flattering...😆

Yea, those dreaded flood pants. I have a few ankle jeggings, made a mistake and bought petite, so I cuff them to make capris.

Honored Contributor

Nope, I am not tired of Capri or crop pants.  I have worn them for years in the summer months along with shorts.

I do not wear them year around and I also do not wear those super wide capri pants. 

Super Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Living in Texas during the summer I do wear them....but QVC has been showing them since January...a bit more variety in pant lengths would be nice...Capris/Crop Pants aren't always appropriate for certain events/occasions....

What cracks me up is those that want 3/4 or long sleeves on tops, because they get cold easily with air conditioning....but then wear Crops for the bottoms and sandals....I just don't like that look, and aren't their legs and toes cold?????.........doesn't make sense...😔.......... 

Then there are guys who wear shorts, sandles, and long sleeve sweatshirts. Go figure.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Some of you ladies must live way up north!  LOL!!  If you lived where I live, you would be quite thankful for crops, capris and pedal pushers!  It's hot here and, thank goodness, most of us aren't walking the red carpet into the grocery store or the post office. 

And do you really think people look at you and think "Gosh those pants really don't make her legs look long do they?"

And do YOU look at people and think things like that?  I mean honestly do you evaluate people you see that closely?

@Sooner 

ITA, in Texas in July/August along with the humidity...you get to the point you just don't care how your legs or anything looks...you just want to be cool...

But for meetings at work, special more formal occasions, crops/capris  aren't appropriate, so I need to see some other options...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@lovemyparrot  I have NEVER seen the point of pants that I call "floods"!! I like regular length, capris and pedal pushers.

I think crop pants just look silly.

Honored Contributor

They remind me of floods . I don't wear them..it just makes more for those that like them

I wear full lenngth pants

Respected Contributor

Well, for me they will never go out of style.  I have many of them and crops and ankle pants are my spring, summer, early fall to go pants.  I prefer crop length to capri length but I do wear capris.  I only wear full length pants in the winter and I also wear ankle pants in winter and prefer them.

I am  short and it is what it is and nothing makes you really look either taller or shorter than you are IMO.  (the exception being stilletto heels!)

Honored Contributor

@FS74 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Living in Texas during the summer I do wear them....but QVC has been showing them since January...a bit more variety in pant lengths would be nice...Capris/Crop Pants aren't always appropriate for certain events/occasions....

What cracks me up is those that want 3/4 or long sleeves on tops, because they get cold easily with air conditioning....but then wear Crops for the bottoms and sandals....I just don't like that look, and aren't their legs and toes cold?????.........doesn't make sense...😔.......... 

Then there are guys who wear shorts, sandles, and long sleeve sweatshirts. Go figure.

@FS74 

I remember my younger brother used to wear that back in high school in the winter, but usually when getting together with guys to play flag football......😆

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I don't care for crop pants, ankle pants, etc, to me they just look like what we used to call "high waters". I do like and occasionally wear pedal pushers. Those and shorts, other than full length jeans/pants are what I wear. What others choose, that's up to them.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Everyone should wear what they are comfortable in and feel good in. I only wear long white jeans and maxi dresses in summer. That is my comfort zone. I wear elbow length sleeve tees with my jeans and shrugs with my dresses. I think I look appropriate for my age and don't worry about what others may think.