Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone tired of crop jeans or crop pants???

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo No, you don't look short.  I guess I've seen too many rear views of women who really should't be wearing crops.  Also, it seems most crops are prettly slim fitting which is what I would want except I don't have slim legs.  Since you shared, I'm sharing mine.  Those jeans I would have to peel off my calves.  I can rarely find boots to fit except wide calf (which I don't like as well) for the same reason.  That's pretty much a dressier version of my day-to-day look.  I'm probably wider than you (which has to do with bone structure, not fat).  I wear like a 36A bra which is not easy to find.

Jeans Selfie Front view.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Nice to meet you and you look great! And I see absolutely nothing wrong with your legs?! I think you're being hard on yourself because what I see is a beautiful shapely woman with a great figure

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess, girl you look fabulous.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

I am also short (5'2-ish) and have athletic calves but I find that if I wear a wedge or block heel with crops they look better because they make my ankles look smaller and my legs a couple of inches longer. For the record though, although I do wear crops once in a while, my go-to for summer is a skirt or a dress. They are cooler and more comfortable for me.

Respected Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

I am also short (5'2-ish) and have athletic calves but I find that if I wear a wedge or block heel with crops they look better because they make my ankles look smaller and my legs a couple of inches longer. For the record though, although I do wear crops once in a while, my go-to for summer is a skirt or a dress. They are cooler and more comfortable for me.

Yes -- as I mentioned in an earlier post, shoes make all the difference with crops!

Respected Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

It is funny how we all have a different eye for fashion. I adore a sleek, trim ankle pant...have worn them for years.  When I see them, I think 'classic' e.g. Audrey Hepburn and Mary Tyler Moore.  "Flood waters" have nothing to do with ankle pants in my mind. Floods are a pant that is intended to be full length but is not for whatever reason.  When we were kids it was usually due to a growth spurt.

But to me, the look of a cigarette or ankle pant is a timeless style. Especially in black.

I will only wear crop or ankle pants if they are fitted and slim down the leg. I find wide legged crops/ankle pants unflattering because they cut you off and make you look wide.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

No.  I don't wear long pants in the summer.  I like to dress for summer and I like showing off my sandals and my pedicures.  If I didn't like them, I would not wear them but I would begrudge other women the pleasure of wearing them.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I love mine.  I was surprised to see petal pushers (that was the label) the other day!

Yes, I saw those and I also saw a length that we used to call clam diggers.  I never liked wearing shorts, even when I was in my 20's and teens so I would wear pedal pushers and clam diggers.  

Respected Contributor

Never tired of crop pants of any kind! I don't wear shorts, ever, so in a situation where many are in shorts, I feel more comfortable in crops or capris. Plus I happen to like the way they look on me!

New Contributor

I would wear crops if the legs were not as wide as most I have seen. I am an apple shaped woman with nice legs but the width of the thigh and calves on most crops make me look wider and shorter.