Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone tired of crop jeans or crop pants???

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

Living in Texas during the summer I do wear them....but QVC has been showing them since January...a bit more variety in pant lengths would be nice...Capris/Crop Pants aren't always appropriate for certain events/occasions....

What cracks me up is those that want 3/4 or long sleeves on tops, because they get cold easily with air conditioning....but then wear Crops for the bottoms and sandals....I just don't like that look, and aren't their legs and toes cold?????.........doesn't make sense...😔.......... 

I don't see anything strange about wearing 3/4sleeves and crop or capri pants. I work part time in a chilly office. My arms get cold. Not my legs or feet which are under a desk.

You dont have to like the look, but there is nothing at all unusual about it. I live in arguably the hottest city in the USA. Many people here wear sleeves or a light jacket with short summer pants in offices, theaters, restaurants etc.

When you experience a 30 or 40 or more degree drop in temp from inside to outside, your body struggles to regulate. 

Respected Contributor

I am a fan of all the different lengths but I’m tall and have long legs, so if I look a bit shorter I can handle that. Speaking of buying ankle pants to wear as full length, this works for me too if the ankle pant is offered in a tall. IM had a TSV ankle in tall and it’s perfect for me as a full length. What I can’t wear are the cropped jackets and short tops. So basically I think we are all trying to wear what we find flattering.

I believe the issue is not so much that they offer crops or capris but rather that every pant seems to be ankle, crop or capris and Q has so few summer weight long pant options. That I agree with 100%. I did buy the recent D&C beach pants, was a bit skeptical, and was pleasantly surprised that I really like them. But it’s not often that a long pant in basic colors is shown other than the elastic waist pork cop pant they have sold for 30 years. I hate that particular twill fabric—it attracts every piece of lint from 30 miles around—but that’s another story.

Again, it goes back to a lack of variety in the lineup...

Respected Contributor

It is funny how we all have a different eye for fashion. I adore a sleek, trim ankle pant...have worn them for years.  When I see them, I think 'classic' e.g. Audrey Hepburn and Mary Tyler Moore.  "Flood waters" have nothing to do with ankle pants in my mind. Floods are a pant that is intended to be full length but is not for whatever reason.  When we were kids it was usually due to a growth spurt.

But to me, the look of a cigarette or ankle pant is a timeless style. Especially in black.

Respected Contributor

Not really.   I wear crops, capris, ankle pant and Bermuda shorts in the summer.  I love ankle pants to wear to church or out to lunch or dinner with family and friends.  I like to have options.  Crop pants are my least favorite, but I do have a couple of pair and wear them several times over the course of the summer.  I like regular length pants for the cooler months.  It gets cold here.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

It is funny how we all have a different eye for fashion. I adore a sleek, trim ankle pant...have worn them for years.  When I see them, I think 'classic' e.g. Audrey Hepburn and Mary Tyler Moore.  "Flood waters" have nothing to do with ankle pants in my mind. Floods are a pant that is intended to be full length but is not for whatever reason.  When we were kids it was usually due to a growth spurt.

But to me, the look of a cigarette or ankle pant is a timeless style. Especially in black.

@islandgrrl, sistah! :-)

Except for my dress trousers, almost all my jeans are ankle length. They are skinnys, and I can't imagine skinnys that are full length.

I also wear crops in the summer. I can't go shorter than that anymore.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I only wear Bermuda shorts or full length pants. I have a few pairs of lightweight pants for warm weather. I will also wear a knee length skirt or dress in warm weather. I dislike capris, crops, ankle length, and pedal pushers. I have tried them all, and I just don’t like the look on me. Most women over 50 in my city wear crop pants in the summer, but they aren’t for me. 

Respected Contributor

No.  And I like ankle pants too.  Sometimes I even roll those up. 

Contributor

I don't wear shorts so I love crop pants!!!

Honored Contributor

@lovemyparrot 

Just buy the lengths you like. No one is forcing any of us to buy anything we don’t like. There are lots of options available to us and countless stores online and off to buy from. Thank goodness we don’t all like the same fashions. What a boring world that would be.

Contributor

YES AND TUNIC TOPS ALSO AND LOGO