Frequent Contributor

Anyone tired of crop jeans or crop pants???

Following on from the "tired of jean jackets" thread, I cannot think of anything I am more tired of than crop pants - I have always hated them (on me - they look nice on some gals), but every year they trot out another pair by EVERYONE - Isaac, Susan Graver and all the other brands.

Can't they think of somthing else??   Maybe I am peculiar but I just hate them !!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone tired of crop jeans or crop pants???

YES!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Nope, I was just looking for some more to buy on here Smiley Happy

I don't like to wear shorts out in public at this point and its fixing to get hot where I live.

Honored Contributor

I love mine.  I was surprised to see petal pushers (that was the label) the other day!

Honored Contributor

No, crops are a summer thing and will soon be gone.  What I'm sick of is ANKLE pants, and the seem to be seasonless.  Why would I want to buy pants that look like I've just gone through a growth spurt?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I never wear crops.  I don't need pants that make me look shorter and therefore chunkier than I am.

Respected Contributor

No, crop pants are my spring, summer, fall go to & if they ever do go out of style I'll still be wearing them. 

Respected Contributor

Pedal pushers, capris, and crops are summer staples for me when shorts are not an option or appropriate. I have a few of each length and wear them often. I also love ankle pants, but can easily look dorky if they don’t fit me correctly. They have to be the correct length for the fabric and generally a slimmer fit, not flared or uber wide, to be flattering on me. I’m happy there are so many choices. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I never wear crops.  I don't need pants that make me look shorter and therefore chunkier than I am.

@Icegoddess 

A higher waist line on the crop and the right top, not too long, gives the illusion of a longer leg thus making you look taller! 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess 

A higher waist line on the crop and the right top, not too long, gives the illusion of a longer leg thus making you look taller! 

@Andreatoo, it might make the leg look longer than a lower waist would, but it still chops the body off at the bottom of the crop, thereby making you look shorter than you actually are.  Besides, I have athletic calves, so it's just not a good look for me.