Trusted Contributor

I've been getting their e-mails and they sure do have some amazing sales. I like the clean, classic lines of a lot of their items. Anyone shopped there and have a review?

Contributor
All the time. Just bought their ankle pants, a sweater and a dress. Specially love their layering pieces - airism for summer and heatech for winter. They are specially good to travel with - light, easy to wash and dry and have good stretch. Just carried a few on a trip to ecuador/Peru. Very handy. Their stores here in nyc are pretty popular. My husband likes their clothes as well. Well tailored, affordable and their stores have a very modern, clean, bright vibe to it. Japanese concept . Their sweaters are something I have not tried as yet. Just bought one so I will have to wait on that. Their puffy jackets are so cool and are useful for fall weather. They use heatech for those as well.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much, shopchocholic! I think I'm going to try out a couple of basics and if I like them, maybe later a cashmere sweater when they have a good sale. The cashmere looks really nice.

Honored Contributor

I have shopped there, but never purchased anything. They seem to have a lot of basic items that I could get at GAP...where I have a credit card, and get the rewards, points, discounts, etc.

Contributor
You are welcome. Must say that their sizing runs a tad small.def smaller than the q sizing. The sweater I purchased was merino wool and feels nice. I did not feel out the cashmere. I'm allergic for some odd reason.
Super Contributor

my daughter is the tri state regional manager of uniqglo she also is the head of window designs so she is aware of all aspects of the company I would say they are a very mid quality line of very basic clean line staples very well made about the same quality as banana republic but again pretty basic shapes

they are a japanese based company and it reflects in the style of clothing

Super Contributor

I like UNIQLO, I have been to only one store though. I agree, most are basic styles. The jeans are super cute but everything seems to run by waist size and the cut is very slim. I bought long-sleeve tees and cotton sweaters and they were a slim fit too. The special price sales are good. Their graphic Ts are fun (mostly young looks). They also have an online presence.

One thing that is a pet peeve of mine, the fitting rooms at the LI store I visited are TINY - I mean like a pencil box, not for the claustrophobic. And there are no 3-way mirrors anywhere! Not good for trying on jeans.