Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone planning on buying a new coat for winter or any other winter garments including shoes &am

@queendiva  kudos for you loosing weight.everyone else has gained weight.what is your secret?

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone planning on buying a new coat for winter or any other winter garments including shoes &am

I actually bought a new winter jacket, 5 pairs of boots (!!!), earmuffs, and gloves for last winter because we stayed up north for longer than usual.

2 pairs of boots already need to be replaced (Totes, waterproof) because I wore them in the surf and the shells poked through the soles.  Tiny pinholes, but now not waterproof.  Will say that nothing ever came through the zipper or other parts, but the shells did them in.

I'm not used to cold weather, so bundling up is new to me.  My ears can't take wind or cold much.  There was a local reporter on the boardwalk on Memorial Day weekend.  I don't think he was a weatherman.  But I know that hundreds, if not thousands of people saw me riding my bike with earmuffs on the morning news.  He did a double take.  I'm so glad he didn't call me over.  Maybe I didn't hear him if he did.Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Anyone planning on buying a new coat for winter or any other winter garments including shoes & boots [ Edited ]

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

I purchased the Arctic Expedition parka from 2 years ago. I love it and have it in two colors. I also bought handmade recycled sweater mittens from Etsy. 

Honored Contributor

No. I have several Basso faux furs, 2 Lands End parkas and boots for snowy weather, and quite a few casual winter jackets. Lots of warm hats, scarves and gloves and mittens. Plenty of winter thermal liners and winter socks.
Respected Contributor

I just bought the D&Co fleece sherpa coat, A383705, to use for walks with my dogs.  It has still not been cold enough for me to wear it.  It is on clearance now, but I paid more!

Last year I bought the very stylish Mark Fisher tall boots, A370758, but I did not wear them once due to the quarantine!  I think they will look great with some long skirts.

I have a collection of coats and boots over many, many years for all kinds of different cold weather.

I have one very warm Dennis Basso coat I bought a few years ago that is terrific when we go to ski resorts, where often the temperature is 10 degrees BELOW zero.  Every time I wear that coat and stay warm, I appreciate the faux fur warmth.

Respected Contributor

I live where I need and use cold weather gear but I am all set.  I have plenty and I have a thing for coats.  Purchased some really nice ones  after the holidays at a good price .  

I have purchased some nice coats from QVC in the past as well.  

Now I spend that money on coats for the two grandkids.  Still having fun buying coats that way.    Will be doing the same this year as well.

Respected Contributor

I bought a North Face down parka over the summer on clearance at MountainSteals.com. I believe it's the outlet site for MooseJaw. You will find great deals on past season stuff and there's often a coupon code. It is mostly higher end stuff. I got a $300 parka for $150, and I expect it to last me for years. We have brutal winters here, and I live in a down parka during the winter. I only bought a new parka because the zipper broke on the one I had (a cheaper brand).

zoomImage

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee Check out LL Bean for snow sneakers.  I have worn these type since my 20's and I am only on my 2nd pair!   I live in New England and I put mine through the ringer, warm and waterproof.   I think they are the best!

As far as purchasing anything for winter, I bought another Aran sweater on the most recent Irish day.........did I need another one? Nope.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@SilleeMee Check out LL Bean for snow sneakers.  I have worn these type since my 20's and I am only on my 2nd pair!   I live in New England and I put mine through the ringer, warm and waterproof.   I think they are the best!

As far as purchasing anything for winter, I bought another Aran sweater on the most recent Irish day.........did I need another one? Nope.

@LindaSal 

Oh thank you for mentioning LLB! I didn't even think to look there. Thanks so much!