Trusted Contributor

Anyone planning on buying a new coat for winter or any other winter garments including shoes & boots

[ Edited ]

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone planning on buying a new coat for winter or any other winter garments including shoes &am

Nope. I live in Arizona where winter clothes last for decades. Winter is so short that all I wear is a sweatshirt for cooler days. I don't own a coat. As for boots, it's cowboy boots.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone planning on buying a new coat for winter or any other winter garments including shoes &am

@crawford5153   no-   None of all that.   Just happy to see our temperatures moderating a bit.  Maybe the 90s are gone for this year!

Honored Contributor

@crawford5153  I purchased two new pairs of waterproof boots. A tan color and a grey color.  No new coats YET. If I see one I just love I might get one.

Do I need any new coats or boots? NO!

But, sometimes it is just a treat to wear something new to make me feel good. Not a good excuse! 

Esteemed Contributor

Do slippers count?  Today, I bought a fur lined  pair of Lauren Conrad from Kohl's.  I have them on already.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

No...I have several I bought last year on sale...one I haven't worn yet...

Esteemed Contributor

@crawford5153 : Yes.

Thrift shopping for the following new-to me. I have dropped many sizes since last winter, so most were needs:

New knee high boots and entirely too many coats and jackets to admit to.

From the Q: A384592 Zuda jacket in blackberry. OTO price last month.

I think I'm done shopping (unless I score more treasures).

Honored Contributor

Picked up this 32 Degree Heat Jacket at Costco today. (Please ignore spotty mirror.)

Costco Fuzzy Jacket small.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased one new coat last year that was water repellent   and one faux fur on sale .

This yr I was not going to buy any new coats but one caught my eye.

To me , I like to have a variety of coats that suit various weather conditions . I like to a a couple of different length coats.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been looking for some lightweight sneaker boots for walking the dog. I need them to be waterproof and have good traction in the snow if there is any...can be spotty sometimes so I need the traction. I was thinking about getting these boots but I have no idea how heavy these are or if they are good for walking. I think these are so cute. If you have these please tell me about them. Thanks!

https://www.qvc.com/Khombu-Waterproof-Lace-up-Ankle-Boots---Alegra.product.A300308.html?recommendati...