Honored Contributor

Anyone own the Stuart Weitzman 50/50 boot?

I asked this in the shoe forum but this is also a fashion look so I'm asking here:

Are they snug? Too snug to wear over jeans? Easy to pull on?

TIA

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone own the Stuart Weitzman 50/50 boot?

I own them in suede and wear them with skinny jeans without a problem.  You will love them.

Esteemed Contributor

If your calves are not an issue with tall boots, Weitzman's 5050s boots will glide over skinny jeans and leggings, and stand up on the legs same as other all leather or suede boots.  The boots do stretch to allow fuller calvesto wear their skinny jeans and leggings too, but it's not the same visual.  To my eyes it makes that stretchy back far too obvious.   

BTW: Weitzman's boot is $655.  Marc Fisher's knock offs on QVC are $99 and $145. Of course, I completely understand that if your heart is set on the 5050, there is no substitute which will give you the same feeling of satisfaction. 

$Stuart Weitzman 5050 Over The Knee Boots - Bloomingdale's

Marc Fisher Leather and Stretch Over-the-knee Boots - Monica - A256931

QVC Price: $159.00Featured Price: $144.54

Marc Fisher Leather or Suede Over the Knee Boots - Idle - A281328

Honored Contributor

@Trix  No, the name isn't what impresses me; it's the look, the fit and how well made they are that does.

Many have said the 5050 boot wears like iron, keeps it shape and the nylon back isn't as obvious as other brands when stretched.

THe only pair I have are by VInce Camuto and they are all suede/ no nylon back but small inserts inside that are hidden by suede all around. I prefer that look, to be honest. 

I'm very tall, so over the knee for me usually means they hit me at the knee and are the perfect length. : )

I will look into the boots on QVC, thank you!!! : )

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam, I wasn't suggesting that you wanted 5050 only because of Weitzman's prestige.  That's why I made a point of saying I understand that if you have made up your mind for them, not to buy anything else.  I've been there and done that.  

That said, another reader may want 5050, but prefer not to spend that kind of money, so the Marc Fisher info may be helpful for that person.  I have tried on 5050 and they are impressive.  I received Marc Fisher's as a gift and I'm happy with them. 

Honored Contributor

@Trix Oh no, I didn't think you meant it that way!  I have a love/hate with the brand because some things fit well and other things are horrible yet many I know buy it just for the name.

They buy many things no matter how expensive, how fugly or how painful to wear it may be. I am definitely open to ANYTHING that works for me!!

Thank you again for the info on the MF. : )

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

If your calves are not an issue with tall boots, Weitzman's 5050s boots will glide over skinny jeans and leggings, and stand up on the legs same as other all leather or suede boots.  The boots do stretch to allow fuller calvesto wear their skinny jeans and leggings too, but it's not the same visual.  To my eyes it makes that stretchy back far too obvious.   

BTW: Weitzman's boot is $655.  Marc Fisher's knock offs on QVC are $99 and $145. Of course, I completely understand that if your heart is set on the 5050, there is no substitute which will give you the same feeling of satisfaction. 

$Stuart Weitzman 5050 Over The Knee Boots - Bloomingdale's

Marc Fisher Leather and Stretch Over-the-knee Boots - Monica - A256931

QVC Price: $159.00Featured Price: $144.54

Marc Fisher Leather or Suede Over the Knee Boots - Idle - A281328

@SahmIam @Trix - sharp looking boots! Thx for the photos & rec's

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@SahmIam I own several pairs, and love them!  Best worn with very, very tight denim jeggings (like Hue) underneath or any legging. Even with the skinniest of jeans they want to bunch up around my knee.  So best something smooth.  I am tall, thin with smaller calves.  Hue denim jeggings work great! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam

Sometimes the real deal sparks our joy. It is the difference between walking out of a store that puts our purchases in a plastic bag versus a boutique that lovingly folds our selections, wraps them in tissue and secures with a little store logo sticker before placing them a gift bag or box.  I am a sucker for that level of attention.

Your Weitzman boots really are beautiful.  If you purchase them, enjoy and wear them proudly.  Sadly, I have a high instep and have a difficult time with many pull on boots.