Regular Contributor

I have to say, since 'finding' this line last summer, when QVC offered a Kate Spade bag during a charity event, I have slowly fallen in love with this brand. Its a 'sister' brand (under the roof of Liz Claiborne ownership,) of Isaac Mizrahi's line (also owned by LC,) and I see a lot of crossover, in colors and concepts, especially this spring/late winter. Or maybe I'm just now 'seeing' it.

Anyhow, this year they've been introducing some amazing products like the newspaper clutch (its now the only clutch I have ever owned,) and the new 'journal' print, which features the most adorable ads, some circled in red, like 'volunteers wanted at zoo' or 'for sale, yellow tandem bike for two' or 'cha cha lessons available', or so on. I can't begin to describe all the adorable creative ads with the 'journal' print, which are probably best featured on the 'journal print bon shopper' bag, on the website. I understand a scarf will soon be in stores as well, which I must have. The 'journal print' concept is also the lining for several new handbags like the 'darcy' and the 'marianne journal' bags.

Just wondering if there are any other big Kate Spade fans out there. I'm becoming obsessed! And now I love watching Isaac's line for 'similar but affordable' designs, colors and items. Not that anyone is copying, but the lines seem similar in inspiration and exuberant use of color!

The Kate Spade line, I will say, is really spread out. And variable.

There is the katespade.com website. Has most items, great sales, sales on sales and also does a regular (but no idea when the date is, year to year,) sample sale.

They have their Kate Spade stores with unique offers and invitations to regular customers. They usually carry all the 'mainstream items' found on the website, but sometimes they have items before the website features them, OR not even featured on the website or elsewhere! Especially jewelry.

They have the Kate Spade items in major department stores like Bloomingdales, Nordstroms, Lord & Taylor, etc. Some of these stores will get a handbag or item in an exclusive color that is ONLY found there.

Then they have the Kate Spade outlets. The outlets will send out photos to anyone who wants to sign up for the email list, photos and summarys about once a month of new items which have arrived. Most are made and designed for only the outlets, but occasionally, irregularly, unannounced and never predicted, they will get items that are from the retail stores, which they call 'specialty' items (I think?) items that are on sale or clearance on the kate spade website or from previous seasons. They are discounted even further at the outlets, and are great prices if you can get lucky there.

Best news about the outlets: You can call them up, ask if they have something, and if they do, they will ship it to you, anywhere in the US, for $5. If its not at their outlet, they will check their computers and see if any other outlet has the item in stock, and you can call that outlet, and its still $5 to ship. Sometimes the east coast stores get their shipments a day or three before the west coast, so you can 'predict' what will be in the west coast stores and jump on it the second they open their boxes! So get on 'both coasts' shopping lists if you're an addict like me, or just trying to get the best price.

These are ALL the tips I've learned, and I hope they help someone else who loves Kate Spade. You can find just about EVERYTHING they sell, on sale, at some point, sometime, which is why I think I love the brand most of all. I have paid retail for only two items I had to have (and they were lower cost,) and most of the items I have purchased have been a solid 60% off or more of the retail/first price. Kate spade makes most of the items in China, fyi.