Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone know where Shawn got her dress tonight..4/30..??

I disagree. I feel like they should be able to wear their own clothes. She may not like a lot of the styles on QVC. Just my opinion

Honored Contributor

@JCF wrote:

It appears that Shawn is selling more clothes for other boutiques/clothing stores then what QVC has to offer.

I don't think a host should wear clothes that are not sold at QVC, while they are hosting any show.

I think I agree with this.  I know Antoinella always has nice tops on and they are never from Q. 

Respected Contributor

I think Shawn does a good job of showing how Q fashion and accessories can mix in with the non-Q pieces in your closet.  That definitely works for me and in many ways is more helpful than Q items from head to toe.  I don't think many people dress in all QVC fashion all the time.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am sorry I thought you were talking about the black print dress with small print and the handkerchief skiirt with larger print.  My apologies.  There was one from a very expensive boutique with the label Smith similar and one from Express. com. But I did not see the tie dye.

Respected Contributor

@JCF wrote:

It appears that Shawn is selling more clothes for other boutiques/clothing stores then what QVC has to offer.

I don't think a host should wear clothes that are not sold at QVC, while they are hosting any show.

I agree.  I think that when they are doing clothing/style/shoe shows they should be wearing QVC items.  For other shows, maybe no.  However,  when they are telling us how wonderful things are, but won't wear any of it themselves, to me that sends the message that they wouldn't be caught dead in it, but it's ok to pass on the junky stuff and cheap knock offs to their adoring fans.

Shawn in particular seems to do more for other retailers, especially the one that has the valet parking!  Yes, we all shop at different places and obviously the hosts do too, but when they are on air they are representing QVC and should be trying to sell the viewer on QVC merchandise.

Respected Contributor

If QVC isn't worried about Shawn not wearing all Q items from head to toe, why do we need to worry about it as viewers? 

Respected Contributor

I think if a host is pushing a designer as in the case of Isaac M. she should wear his clothing. Everything is so sick (her word) yet we never see her in his clothing  even on his shows. She will put on a jacket or sweater but usually has her own eclectic style on not his. She does not even wear his shoes.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Valued Contributor

I don't care one bit what Shawn wears, says she wears, pretends to wear, etc. She and I don't have the same style.

That being said, I think when hosts in general mix it up and have QVC and non QVC items, that is more true to what real people would do and I think that would be ideal.

Esteemed Contributor

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

I think if a host is pushing a designer as in the case of Isaac M. she should wear his clothing. Everything is so sick (her word) yet we never see her in his clothing  even on his shows. She will put on a jacket or sweater but usually has her own eclectic style on not his. She does not even wear his shoes.

-------------------------

The last couple of times I checked QVC, Shawn was the host.   I heard her say "sick" several times when presenting  an item.  What???  My pre-teen nieces and nephews describe something as "sick".  She needs to grow up.

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

-------------------------

The last couple of times I checked QVC, Shawn was the host.   I heard her say "sick" several times when presenting  an item.  What???  My pre-teen nieces and nephews describe something as "sick".  She needs to grow up.

I don't care for the word sick to describe items.  Sounds very juvenile.  Then there's the "I can't even..."  I'm thinking, can't even what?  Talk properly?  Give a professional presentation? Can't act like an adult?