Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone know what is going on with Kohl's?

Our Kohls is stocked and a pleasure to shop.  Everything is nicely displayed, clean dressing rooms and great discounts.

I order online and my orders are received quickly.  Returns are easy because store is 10 minutes from me.

I hope they don't close🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Honored Contributor

I do not have an answer to your question.  

I rarely shop at Kohls.  When I do it is for my husband, there are a couple of brands of clothing that he likes. I usually have to order online because the store rarely has anything in his size.  

I was surprised when I had to return the pants I ordered for him (they were to big) that the store had the size he needed...not the right color, but we bought them anyway.

My  store seemed well stocked and they were pretty busy.

Super Contributor

Once upon a time my go to was Kohls, from housewares to shoes and clothing.  In the past couple of years I just find their prices to be so high even with their 30% off coupon and item on sale is really what that item should be priced at.  Many of the latest capris I have purchased are so "off" not the same fit.  I have been finding really nice items on Amazon of late, great fit and length and the price is right!  If Kohl's closes, i'll only miss their housewares, they have some great homey items.

Honored Contributor

My two local Kohl's stores don't show any signs of closing and are certainly well-stocked.  I do a lot of shopping in Kohl's and a lot online.  I did notice recently that a Kohl's store further away had lines of clothing that my locals don't have.  Calvin Klein was one of those brands.  I haven't bothered to check whether that's available online.

Both of our stores have just opened Sephora stores-within-a-store.

Honored Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

Going downhill? 

THey have always carried awful looking cheap clothing

Clearly your experience (how many stores?) is different from that of others.

I have clothing from Kohl's that I bought years ago that is still in great condition.  Generalizations are never a good idea.  (And pretty insulting to those who choose to shop there.)

Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

I read a couple of weeks ago that Penneys was interested in buying them.  Dony know if its true or not.

@meem120 - I hope not.  I believe Penney's had filed for bankruptcy; if not recently, certainly in the past.  They have enough trouble even keeping their own stores open.

It reminds me of when KMart bought Sears - and both stores bit the dust.

Honored Contributor

I never shopped Kohls a lot, but did depend on them for my yearly trip to re-stock my jeans supply.  I also liked their PJ's and some of their basic T's and turtlenecks.  During the pandemic, like many stores, they shut down their dressing rooms.  I can't buy jeans without trying them on, so I quit going except for an Amazon return and maybe to get a new purse.  The last couple of time shopping there once dressing rooms opened back up, I  noticed the stock was way down.  Very limited choices for jeans, almost none of their store-brand tops.  I did find some PJ bottoms I liked, but no top that would work with it, probably because I missed the season for summer PJ, but not yet time for the winter ones.  I wandered the store and finally found a lightweight grey T in the Juniors dept that works with the PJ bottoms.  I really like the pairing.  

They did put a Sephora in, but not sure why since we already have a small Sephora store in town in the same shopping complex with an Ulta.  Certainly, not a draw for me.

Hoping the jean selection will be better come the end of next month.  That's when we have a Tax-free shopping weekend for back to school shopping and when I always replenished my jean supply.  

Just got a new purse on clearance from the Q, so won't be needing another one of those for awhile.  I don't change out purses with my outfits.  Actually, my current purse is still quite functional and looks good, but I liked this one and it's helping me to downsize a bit. 

Honored Contributor

I bought my bath towels there at least twenty years ago. They are still in perfect condition and nice a fluffy. Also two sets of sheets which are still perfect.

Honored Contributor

They opened a Kohl's just a few miles from me about 12 years ago.  I was in there once to get some luggage but I looked around.  I was not impressed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I bought my bath towels there at least twenty years ago. They are still in perfect condition and nice a fluffy. Also two sets of sheets which are still perfect.

@proudlyfromNJ - I also like their towels and not too long ago I got a question from someone about their own brand of sheets.  It was one of those "Can you answer this question" things.

I was able to tell them that the sheet sets I bought years ago are still in perfect condition.  Can't say that about many things.  I've used and washed those sheets so many times over the years and not a hole or any wear showing.  The elastic on the fitted sheets is still perfect.  Certainly got my money's worth.