Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone know what is going on with Kohl's?

Do people really think QVC is the only retailer affected by manufacturing and shipping problems as well as other supply chain issues? These difficulties have hit everyone hard; its just more obvious due to the way QVC operates....until you enter a store and see empty shelves.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I enjoy going to Kohl's but haven't been in a couple of months. Don't remember seeing a for sale notice.

Dillard's and Kohl's are my go to stores.

Respected Contributor

The last time that I was in our Kohl's store, they were in the process of preparing the area where Sephora will be beginning in July.

I was shocked how much space Sephora was receiving right in the middle of the store.  They removed all of their jewelry counters and countless other areas in the store.

It seems they are banking on Sephora to be a huge money maker for them.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

I was in my mine over the weekend ( Northeast). It was crowded + had lots of stock. It seemed fine to me..🤷‍♀️
Esteemed Contributor

I work very close to a Kohl's, but don't go there often.  I RARELY find any clothing for me there.  But it is good for finding pants for my DH and son.  I do occassionaly buy clothes for my grandkids there.

Frankly, the prices seem high to me.  Their sales just brings the price down to what I would pay at a big box store.

We do go there to do Amazon returns, but most of the time I don't even take advantage of the Kohl's coupon they give us for doing that.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

Going downhill? 

THey have always carried awful looking cheap clothing

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Kohl's is fairly well stocked, but I have noticed a bit less inventory lately. I buy a lot of casual tees, pjs, and my jeans there. I've bought a couple of jackets and coats there too. I still wear & have pieces from a few years ago, so the quality of the clothing for the price has been good for me. 

@4kitties 

I liked & miss the Chaps line too. 

Respected Contributor

I read a couple of weeks ago that Penneys was interested in buying them.  Dony know if its true or not.

Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

I read a couple of weeks ago that Penneys was interested in buying them.  Dony know if its true or not.

This is what I heard too. But I read they would keep the name.

We have one with Sephora inside near us. They made a big deal when that opened, but more and more of their lines are disappearing.

DS doesn't like to buy clothes and doesn't want me to buy them either. He gets his jeans and T-shirts from a consignment shop where he lives. He owns a few pairs of khakis for work and one suit. The only place he would let me shop for him was Kohl's and the Marc Anthony line. So I went in last Christmas season to get a few shirts. They told me the buyers had discontinued that line. I guess it wasn't selling that well.

I shopped there a lot at one time, and I kind of took it for granted. I'm sorry to watch another favorite store decline.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Was very impressed shopping Kohl's online recently. Got my items 2 days after I placed my order.