Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone know what is going on with Kohl's?

I am a fan of their towels too.  I have purchased many sets there over the years.  For our bathrooms and for my girls when they went off to college.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

My local Kohls is one of my favorite stores.  I have always purchased a lot there.  

Sadly, they have done away with the Ralph Lauren Chaps line, and that was one of my favorites.  The last several trips there, I have not purchased much as the selection has drastically decreased.  I still shop there and the store seems to have a lot of business as the lot is always full of cars.  

This store recently got a new Sephora and that has been nice to shop.  I would be very sad if it closes..........

I had read that the company that owns JC Penny was a possible buyer.  I do not remember the name of the company.  There was a previous thread about it.  

I would rather have the Ralph Lauren Chaps line than another Sephora. I liked that Lauren line. I'm sad to hear they did away with it, 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

The last time that I was in our Kohl's store, they were in the process of preparing the area where Sephora will be beginning in July.

I was shocked how much space Sephora was receiving right in the middle of the store.  They removed all of their jewelry counters and countless other areas in the store.

It seems they are banking on Sephora to be a huge money maker for them.

It's good for them, But I'm tired of seeing Sephora's everywhere. I don't even bother to wear make up anymore. So I would rather hit the jewelry line and the make up line.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was at Kohls today and bought a very nice Vera Wang outfit to wear tomorrow night to a musical in town. It's a really nice, my size, and I have it today! Kohls was one of the first stores in my area to open up their fitting rooms. Online shopping at kohls is very easy and delivery is fast. Prices for basic clothing items are very reasonable. Today I asked if they still had the wednesday 10% discount for seniors (I thought that was their policy). The clerk said the senior discount is good everyday except wednesday when it is 15%! I didn't know that! 🤯 Needless to say, I'll be back.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I shopped Kohl's on line and found two items that I have been looking for: a jacket for dh. He is very picky and they offered it in the size,color, and style that he wanted. It was also a greyt price.

I finally found a yellow top with long sleeves and it is so soft, for me.

They both were less than $ 45.00. No shipping and it came in two days. They had neither in the store tho. Yes, I like shopping @ Kohl's and hope they stay.

Esteemed Contributor

Our Kohl's -- once my favorite local store -- added a huge Sephora.. That Sephora takes up half the floor space, so Kohl's got rid of some of their other departments. I'm definitely not a fancy beauty buyer, so Kohl's lost me as a customer.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I was at our local Kohl's today and noticed quite a few changes.  They're moving around a lot of the departments and adding more space.  It appears they have less merchandise than before.  :-(

Respected Contributor

Our Kohl's just added Sephora. I'll miss the cheaper beauty lines that Kohl's carried, in particular the Pixi line. I love their skin care products. I got a lot of good deals when Kohl's would have a sale.

Of course they got rid of their jewelry department, which I'll miss. I've gotten some very nice jewelry over the years. Thankfully, the jewelry is still available online.

Honored Contributor

@lmt - Yes, our Kohl's stores have taken out the jewelry line, too.  I bought a lot from them over the years and enjoyed browsing in that department.  It's not the same ordering something online.

I'm not a Sephora customer, but I'll give it a chance, if there's anything I need or want in the beauty line.