Honored Contributor

Anyone know what is going on with Kohl's?

Due to Covid and a 90 mile distance from here, its been at least two years since I've been to my favorite Kohl's.  My daughter, who lives in a major city, says their selection is really going downhill and that the stores are up for sale.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone know what is going on with Kohl's?

Like most retailers, they have been affected by supply chain issues and the shut down in 2020.  I agree that the selection of clothing has been pared WAY back--it's one of the reasons I don't shop there any more--they don't have much in stores and what they do have are usually things that I wouldn't wear.  It's what is happening every where.

Even Target doesn't have much of a selection any more.

Esteemed Contributor

I have not been into mine for a couple years, but I do see cars in the parking.  So someone does go.

For online, I have found better deals.

Respected Contributor

I don't shop at Kohls but a Kohls in the next town over from me closed.  There are rumors that the larger Kohls in my town may close.  I'm not usually in the area of that Kohls, but the few times I have been, their parking lot is practically empty.

Honored Contributor

Yes, the recession/interest rates continuing to go higher....concerns over the cost of gas/food and everything else has led to the closing of stores and empty shelves.  Unfortunately, this is not a one-off phenomenon.

Honored Contributor

1. Kohl's puts up a for-sale sign | CNN Business

Kohl’s may soon have a new owner. Kohl’s (KSS) said late Monday that it had entered into a three-week exclusive negotiation period for a potential sale with Franchise Group (FRG)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Hope so.....Khol's is a wonderful store that deserves survival.  Thanks @Desertdi for the info.

Respected Contributor

My local Kohls is one of my favorite stores.  I have always purchased a lot there.  

Sadly, they have done away with the Ralph Lauren Chaps line, and that was one of my favorites.  The last several trips there, I have not purchased much as the selection has drastically decreased.  I still shop there and the store seems to have a lot of business as the lot is always full of cars.  

This store recently got a new Sephora and that has been nice to shop.  I would be very sad if it closes..........

I had read that the company that owns JC Penny was a possible buyer.  I do not remember the name of the company.  There was a previous thread about it.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

For the most part, I've always really liked my local Kohl's.  However, I've been in 2 or 3 times in the past couple of years and their inventory was really bad, IMHO.....far less to choose from and I just didn't care for the clothing styles they were offering.  I hope they are able to find a buyer and get turned around!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

Our local Kohls is about an hour away. So, we only go about 2-3 times a year to the local store. Before the pandemic, the store was so stocked that you would bump into the clothing racks. I've noticed during and post the pandemic that the store has drastically reduced their stock. Plenty of room to go around the store. Also, the clothing is not the best quality anymore. I have greatly reduced my clothing purchases at Kohls.