Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone here a fan of wide leg pants?

YES.....these skinny pants are boring now....enough is enough....straight wide leg pants are more flattering....doesn't show wide hips and I don't have wide hips but I am tired of skinny jeans and I am tired of ankle  pants.....move on.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1  I could wear either of the two pant outfits you posted.  IMO, I would call the pants straight leg, not wide leg pants.

i suppose it all depends on you would consider wide legs.  It”s so difficult to keep up with fashion lingo.  It keeps changing.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie

You are so right! The terminology gets very confusing at times!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I am too short for them.  And losing weight is becoming hard for me.  I just don't look good in wide leg pants.  

Respected Contributor

I would not wear them as I know I would feel self conscious in them - like my pants are too big.  But I have seen others in them and they look good.  It all depends on how you look in them and what you wear with them.

The pictures that were posted from Dillards I like.  If I were going to wear any, it would be something like that with a chiffon type long jacket over to an event.  But I still don't think it would work for me.

Trusted Contributor

I love them!  I am 5'6" and 137 lbs.  I do best in the petite size because I do not have real long legs.  They usually work well for me in most brands.  Regular length can be too long for me in a wide leg.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
I almost always say that I can't abide excess fabric flapping around.
The pants that @LTT1 posted, above, however, would be my only exception to my "rule" for myself.
I bought those pants, or very similar for a wedding. Wore them with a sparkly top. They were perfect with heels. I would just add that they have to be the full length, for me, none of that ankle length/high water look.
I have since donated them as I have no other dressy events on the horizon.

@Snicks1,You go Girl!  I wore them too with sequined tops when I didn't wear a long gown to sponser the prom.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG@Snicks1

I agree— no to having too much shoe showing.

Love the idea of a sparkly top.

I like them in lieu of a long skirt... 

50E03D05-4B75-4324-B533-22C571EFA10C.jpeg

Love all except perhaps a bit too wide at bottom {for me}

9CF6D10C-D24C-445A-A6ED-62BC539481BF.jpeg

Pockets And enough room that you can put your hands in.

4596086D-E152-4336-835F-6D7C921254A5.jpeg

This looks good, but I might still want the length down to my ankles.

These preferences only relate to my proportions. Not advocating for anyone else!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I like the shorter length wide pants, gauchos, culottes, etc. I have four pair. Two black, one brown, and one denim. I wear them in the summer with sandals, and this winter I paired the heavier weight ones with boots. For the record, I'm 5'8, plus-sized, with long legs (although large), and I find that the shorter length is more flattering on me.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

I have a few pairs of wide leg trousers I wear to work.  Also have 1 pair of wide leg jeans.  And I, too, am petite, very short and very small.  I wear what is appropriate, what I think looks good and what makes me feel good.  Nothing else factors in.

O/T - OP a very well done blog for petite fashions etc. is called (as one word):  extra petite dot com

ETA - I do not wear any of the palazzo pants look or dressier sort of evening formal wear, in wide pants.

Much more my style - this is from AT, the wide leg grommet pants.

Capture.PNG

Love these!!!