Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone here a fan of wide leg pants?

I almost always say that I can't abide excess fabric flapping around.
The pants that @LTT1 posted, above, however, would be my only exception to my "rule" for myself.
I bought those pants, or very similar for a wedding. Wore them with a sparkly top. They were perfect with heels. I would just add that they have to be the full length, for me, none of that ankle length/high water look.
I have since donated them as I have no other dressy events on the horizon.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I have a few pairs of wide leg pants and when I wear them I am comfortable. They look ok on me. 

Honored Contributor

Not a fan!  Not for me.  I don't like all that excess material flapping around either.  I like fitted with nothing to step on or get caught on anything.  I find them very uncomfortable. 

Trusted Contributor

@Lala Ann

It all depends on what your comfortable with. I've seen Amy Stran wear them on PMS, and they looked amazing and very chic on her.  I cannot pull the look off, but if I could....no hesitation.

⚓️
Regular Contributor

I think any woman can wear any style; it all depends on proportion, fit and fabric.  Saying 
"wide leg" really means nothing because "wide leg" could be huge palazzo or it could mean a full straight leg.  I'm not "fan" but like a fashion and I always have a pair or two of full leg pants in my wardrobe, mostly for dressing occasions.  Not palazzos.  I have pair of full leg black crepe pants that have a cuff and a high waist and I wear those to events with sparkly heels.  They never go out of style which is good because I paid too much for them.

Honored Contributor

I think they're unflattering on most body types. Unless you're very long and lean, like a high-fashion model (which most of us are not, including myself, lol), it's a thumbs-down, IMO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I am 5'5....I have a pair I wear with shoes with a higher heel in the fall/winter...I love them and I think they are flattering.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

I like them and think they’re very flattering on me. I’m tall and plus size.
Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Silver Fox1

Le Bos Evening 3-Piece Chiffon Pant Set

at Dillards!

7D548B40-73CA-4AF0-BB6A-7CB9F21B1EFF.jpegD6DD0351-153B-4EFA-A37F-8F9BE07553E0.jpeg

navy ... above good idea!

champagne shown and also “eggplant” (purple)

@LTT1Awesome,  Dillards is wonderful they always seem to have the best special occasion selection.