Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone here a fan of wide leg pants?

[ Edited ]

I have a few pairs of wide leg trousers I wear to work.  Also have 1 pair of wide leg jeans.  And I, too, am petite, very short and very small.  I wear what is appropriate, what I think looks good and what makes me feel good.  Nothing else factors in.

O/T - OP a very well done blog for petite fashions etc. is called (as one word):  extra petite dot com

ETA - I do not wear any of the palazzo pants look or dressier sort of evening formal wear, in wide pants.

Much more my style - this is from AT, the wide leg grommet pants.

Capture.PNG

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like them but only with long tops.  All and all I think I'ed take wide leg over skinny leg any day but really prefer straight leg or boot cut.    

Respected Contributor

NO.....

Honored Contributor

I don't mind a wide leg pair of pants on me if they fall straight down.  I don't like those super wide palazzo pants.  I am 5'4" tall but a pear shape and they just make me look shorter and wider.

Honored Contributor

35DB9C2D-0F09-4636-991D-075551A922F5.jpeg

@Lala Ann

I like them for certain occasions, mostly if attending weddings. I won’t wear dresses...

‘the pants shown above would be easy to wear...hopefully have pockets.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@Lala Ann wrote:

I am a small and very petite lady.  Wide leg pants do not look flattering on me.  I used to have a few pairs back in the 70's, but for some reason, this style is not for me.  Any other petite ladies feel the same way?

If you had actual wide legs, like some ladies do, you'd feel differently.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Super Contributor

I am very petite as well (4'9") and I find wider leg/bootcut pants to look the best on me mainly because I am pear shaped.

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

35DB9C2D-0F09-4636-991D-075551A922F5.jpeg

@Lala Ann

I like them for certain occasions, mostly if attending weddings. I won’t wear dresses...

‘the pants shown above would be easy to wear...hopefully have pockets.

@LTT1Love this !!!  Would love something like this for a wedding.  Love the Black also would like it in Navy . 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Silver Fox1

Le Bos Evening 3-Piece Chiffon Pant Set

at Dillards!

7D548B40-73CA-4AF0-BB6A-7CB9F21B1EFF.jpegD6DD0351-153B-4EFA-A37F-8F9BE07553E0.jpeg

navy ... above good idea!

champagne shown and also “eggplant” (purple)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love them!  I'm average height - a bit over 5'5"  no curves .... narrow body, long torso and usually 29" inseam ... only wear flat shoes.  

I have quite a few pairs.  Most are prints ... few pairs of solid color and white/neutral linens.  

Chico's has had the best selection of print wide leg pants in the past.  That's where I get most of the prints.

JCP has had a good selection of cotton and linen wide legs, and I got a couple of pairs of lined linen on sale at Lord and Taylor a couple of years ago.

I also have a few pairs of Bob Mackie wide leg pants.  Most are solids, one pair is a very colorful orange/yellow/black stripe (love them!).

ETA:  I usually wear them with loose tops and/or long crochet lace vests, or LOGO or SG chiffon vests.