Honored Contributor

Anyone have experience with Jess & Jane clothes?

Went to a local Florida shop this afternoon to look for a new bathing suit cover-up.  Found that and began to wander other parts of the store.

Saw several tops I liked, but I know nothing about that brand.  Anyone own them?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone have experience with Jess & Jane clothes?

not familiar but their website is jessnjane.com

Honored Contributor

What was the price point?  Were the seams sewn straight and well finished?How did the trims look?  Were edges finished?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

Went to a local Florida shop this afternoon to look for a new bathing suit cover-up.  Found that and began to wander other parts of the store.

Saw several tops I liked, but I know nothing about that brand.  Anyone own them?

I'm wearing a Jess & Jane top today! Smiley Happy 

I am a clothing buyer for a small boutique, and we've bought one of their lines for the past 4 years and done well. They have different lines...I'm most familar with their print tops, lightweight sweater tunics, and this line I have on today they came out with a few years ago which we loved...it's lightweight cotton tops, mostly whimsical prints, some solids, very relaxed, comfy, wear, with matching relaxed leggings...pretty colors etc.  Washes and wears well, a mid-range price point.

Not sure what type tops you were looking at, but always sold well in the stores I've worked for...cute tops, nice cotton, nice designs and construction.  Hope that helps!

Honored Contributor

@ECBGI'd say well made -  100% cotton knit which can be diffcult to control when sewn, but the seams were well done.  The size from top to top was petty consistent with the kinds of variance I always see when I try on different styles within the same brand. On the tops I tried, the print placement was well done.

I did go to their website and read reviews -  mostly excellent.  I find it hard to be sure of the value of reviews from total strangers and most spoke of fit which I already know. 

What I couldn't tell from any of the reviews was how the tops came through the laundry.  They suggest very gentle wash cycle or better hand wash and I can cope with either, but with a price point in the mid 59's + tax (sale priced already), I'd be unhappy to have the top I really liked be a one-season purchase.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops The best way to care for cotton knit is to was inside out to prevent pilling using a gentle soap and I always add a cup of white vinegar for color retention.  Hang to dry.

Honored Contributor

@ECBGTY -   I regularly do steps 1 and 2 -  will add the white vinegar to my routine.

Honored Contributor

I have a couple pieces from that line.  Well made and nice fabric.  I would guess I spent aprox $50.00 or so per top.

The line is carried at a boutique that I shop in once in a while, the store is not near me so it's just an occasional visit.

Honored Contributor

@amybThanks so much for that reply.  It's especially good that you've had both personal and professional experience with the line.  

I'm looking at a tunic one of the workers called funky.  I call it different -  different from virtually everything in my closet and that's okay.  It's not showing up on the website or I'd find a number for you.  Should have brought it home!