Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone ever purchase an "as is" item?

Purchased 5 clothing items, returned 3.

If it's clothing, I would be leary ...otherwise, the 'As-Is' is a true bargain.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SahmIam,  When I order shoes from the Q and they don't fit, I immediately send them back.  Those should be considerred "as is" and I have been fortunate to receive shoes like that.  But, when women wear them down for 3 weeks and return, it is disgusting.  Who does that?  But there are women that do just that.  It's a chance you take with "as is" but QVC should not accept shoes back in a deplorable condition IMO.  Cat Very Happy

I agree, @Katcat1.  You can tell by slipping them on in your home if they fit.  Wearing them around your home for a bit should tell you if they are going to rub or cause issues.  I think it is a cheap trip to wear something up until it is time to return within the 30 day window. 

Skin care is another thing.  They tell you to try for 30 days (3 weeks) to see if you see results.  I don't have a problem returning something I tried and didn't work for me.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!

I have ordered several "as is" items and you wouldn't know they were "as is" except for the packaging. Shoes never showed any wear on the soles, clothing has been perfect and home decor I'd wonderful. Try it!😉

Frequent Contributor

OP UPDATE

Received my "as is" purchase yesterday. It was perfect!  If this was a return, whoever had it must have just tried it on, decided against and shipped it right back. Their loss, my gain!  

Maybe I got lucky this time, but I will definitely give "as is" items a second look from now on.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

OP UPDATE AGAIN!

So since my first post I've ordered several "as is" items, mainly clothing. Never had a problem with any of them. I am now an "as is" stalker like some of you...LOL 

I recently purchased a Radley London purse, it was perfect. Got a great deal and on easy pay too! I've been stalking a Dooney purse that I hope will show up in the "as is" section. 

The hunt continues!! Woman LOL