Frequent Contributor

Anyone ever purchase an "as is" item?

I was thinking of trying this. I was looking at something for the regular price, then noticed they had it also as an "as is" purchase so I thought I would give it a try, since it's like half off.

Will I be sorry. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone ever purchase an "as is" item?

I have purchased several "As Is" items over the years.  I have only had one bad experience which is pretty good odds.

Valued Contributor

Never had a problem with as  is purchases.

Valued Contributor

I have purchased MANY as is items over 30 years and only had 2 bad experiences... both involved clothing worn by a person loaded with perfume.

The first item I kept , as I thought I could get the scent out.  I learned my lesson and didn't keep the second item.

I called Customer Service, explained the issue and they did refund my original shipping charge.

With items other than clothing, I have had good results.  I also purchase  things at the Lancaster,PA outlet.  Those are a step below "as is" and still have found some good buys.

Honored Contributor

I’ve bought too much jewelry “as is” and have never been unhappy with it. In fact my husband bought a recent “special” anniversary present for me “as is”.

He figured that’s how we took each other all those years ago, so “as is” was a perfect way to commemorate our lives together. 💑

I’ve also bought “as is” clothing, and although it sometimes arrives wrinkled or bagged rather than boxed, a little ironing can make for a good buy.

Valued Contributor

I've had very good luck with as is items.  

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Respected Contributor

Bought quite a few and have been very pleased. 

Trusted Contributor

I have also purchased a few over the years!  Always had good luck!  The last items I bought were 2 Isaac M. t-shirts and they looked just like all the others that were not "as is"

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I've had a few issues, but the items were sent back as defective.  Majority has been good.  The only advise I would give you, is always check the regular price before buying the as is item.  I've seen as is items that cost more than regular stock or very little savings.  Other than that, I highly recommend it.

Valued Contributor

Purchase an Isaac bag...it was PERFECT!!!!