Honored Contributor

Anyone else unimpressed with Fall fashion so far?

I'm taking a rest day, lol, so I had time to peruse the catalogs I've had piling up. So far, I am not impressed with what I see coming for Fall (my fav time of year for clothing purchases). I've looked at Chico's, Soft Surroundings, Chadwicks, Creation L, etc., and they have all gone straight to the recycling bin already with no purchases. Not saying everything is horrible, bad, ugly or anything like that, just either it's not my style, or I already have similar items in my closet.

What have you found that tripped your trigger?

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone else unimpressed with Fall fashion so far?

I'm not unimpressed as I really haven't been eyeing Fall garments just yet.  I won't be buying much though. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

Haven't really noticed. I just want to get through summer first. Really though all I need is a big sweater and leggings anyway. 

Honored Contributor

I don't get much in the way of catalogs anymore.  Wish I did.  So, I haven't seen any fall fashions yet.  

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 

I've seen a few things that I would consider, but for some reason I keep finding more SHOES!

I'm waiting on the price of this to come down from LAST year.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I don't get much in the way of catalogs anymore.  Wish I did.  So, I haven't seen any fall fashions yet.  

@Icegoddess 

I was just thinking today as the shadows fell over the back deck, in the middle of the woods with the hawk sailing around, how very much I LOVED sitting there with all of my fashion magazines that turned to political junk and beautiful catalogs!

At least I get Serengeti, which I believe you would like, Sundance to check out the skirts, and a few others.

Chicos is hardly more than a brochure.  I don't have a White House Black Market here any more their catalogs are small and and their items are very hard to fit unless you have a "junior cut".

You could go to the websites you favor and request catalogs.  Sometimes, if you don't order for a while, you get removed from the list.

Honored Contributor

There was a maxi dress TSV the other day that wasn't bad. One had fall colors, but I guess it was meant as a summer dress.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG I used to get Serengeti, Chadwicks, & Sundance catalogs although I found Sundance to be too pricey.  I did buy a pair of boots from them once, but I had to have them cut down in back becasue they cut into my knees.  Ended up selling them because they just hurt too much to wear.  

I do have a Black House White Market neaby in an outdoor complex of shops.  I think there is still a Chicos there, although I never had much luck in the past with their fashions.  We're also getting a Cheesecake Factory in that complex I noticed the other day when I had lunch with a friend.  I really wish they would expand the Sephora storelett.  I went in to get an Hourglass Veil finishing powder and they only had the full size.  Way too much product for how often I use it. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@ECBG I used to get Serengeti, Chadwicks, & Sundance catalogs although I found Sundance to be too pricey.  I did buy a pair of boots from them once, but I had to have them cut down in back becasue they cut into my knees.  Ended up selling them because they just hurt too much to wear.  

I do have a Black House White Market neaby in an outdoor complex of shops.  I think there is still a Chicos there, although I never had much luck in the past with their fashions.  We're also getting a Cheesecake Factory in that complex I noticed the other day when I had lunch with a friend.  I really wish they would expand the Sephora storelett.  I went in to get an Hourglass Veil finishing powder and they only had the full size.  Way too much product for how often I use it. 

@Icegoddess 

I remember "Hourglass Veil".  I liked it quite a bit but got out of the habit!

Sundance can be a bit too pricy for the lifestyle they sell.  A "nomad" could never afford those prices! 

I'm not looking for items that are so relaxed that it looks as if they stayed on your bed or even slept in them.  I prefer something more "polished", nor to be a "nomad"!, lol!!!

I'm a top stylist where I live, I don't need to look like that.  I assist the manager, but refuse to manage.

Honored Contributor

My usual fall / winter wardrobe is dark pants, turtleneck, one of my “creations” (sweater, vest, or scarf) and booties. Only thing I add is maybe a new print or color.

I’ve already finished new vests and sweaters, have plenty of footwear and coats and jackets. I have dressy clothes for a few things that are tentatively scheduled.

I’m thinking about making some hats … that’s about it. I don’t need anything else.

Working on some charity afghans these days.