Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone else unimpressed with Fall fashion so far?

I don't need any winter items .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 wrote:

I don't need any winter items .

@skatting44 

I buy ever SO slowly as I retire items to reman current.

I don't pick up anything to "make due".  I either am              "slap out" crazy about it, or I don't buy it!

It is SO hard for me to find pieces out of my "season".  I am a "winter".

Esteemed Contributor

My  walk in closet  and guest room closet are over flowing  with coats, jackest, sweaters , slacks , skirts .  I've been giving some to a relative to sell on Poshmark  since I have so much from Boden , Anthropologie and various other retaliers .  I don't have room for anything, unless I find something faded  that needs replacing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have lots of Fall fashions in my closet from previous years. I tend to buy classic pieces so I can wear things season after season. I don't really need more, but I'm sure I'll find something to buy. 

Some of the 2021 fall fashion trends don't interest me. I'm seeing and hearing lots of talk about vests, but they're not for me. I'm also seeing midi length dresses and bold patterns and prints which I won't be wearing. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma, exactly. I'm just not interested in the things I've seen, so far, for the same reasons you stated.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I'm still seeing a lot of gym/athetic clothing and lounge wear. I have enough jean type outfits. I'm not sure some stores ordered much in the way of what I call "work clothes"...slacks, not jeans, nicer tops, blazers, etc. In the shoe dept., most of what I see are sneakers or slip ons with the white soles...also leisure clothing. Disappointing. 

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono  I'm not usually a fan of vests but boy I love the colors on that one!! 

Honored Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

@lolakimono  I'm not usually a fan of vests but boy I love the colors on that one!! 

@eadu4 

Yes, I cannot wear olive right next to my face without another color, so I love that pink is the first color band. 

I can afford it, but I won't get that much use out of it so for the price I would rather have a new pair of shoes that I could wear daily than a once in a while vest.  

Esteemed Contributor

Ha @ECBG I like fall fashions, too. I have a few catalogs that have come in but I don't subscribe to many of the fashion magazines any more. I used to look through them when I was waiting to get my hair done. Buying them when they were 85% advertising or clothes that I don't fit my body or my lifestyle finally sunk in so I stopped.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu Before the pandemic, I had bought two new pairs of dress slacks and 2 blazers from Talbots (since I started a new job and thought I would need to have them for meetings). LOL silly me! They are in the closet and have never been worn other than to try them on for fit since we locked down shortly after that.

And since we are in the hot and humids right now, my choice of clothes for work is in a much lighter mode.

that said I really do LIKE fall fashions the best.