Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else tired of jean jackets???

@Bird mama 

your turn put your pic up girl !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE   girl, I might break the camera, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I have a church lady friend who is 85 and she often wears her jean jacket with jeans. She looks just fine, average build. She wears it to church also.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yup. For myself. I don't notice or care if others wear them.

I've worn blue or white ones since junior high. I'm very tired of them.  I don't care for all the different colored ones. Since I wear mostly jeans these days, I won't wear a jean jacket. I can think of few looks I like less than an all denim outfit. Nope. I like jean jackets when worn with pants or skirts made of a fabric other than denim. Also, at my age, jean jackets do nothing for my looks. Higher quality fabrics sit better with me at this point in my life.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a jean jacket in my coat closet that I love, have had it for years. It's gotten softer over time. But somehow it shrunk hanging in there. Hmmm.....

Honored Contributor

LOL

Trusted Contributor

@ajsidney12 wrote:

I love the jean jackets, but I have a preference on their design.  Cropped usually does not work on someone like me that is long waisted and has a belly, draws your eye right there.  too much stuff on them starts to remind me of the 80's jean jackets when we used to collect pins and put them all over them (friendship pins, garfield, band pins, etc.)  I have three all different washes and slight variations on the style (IM did a gingham inside detail at the cuffs, one is from J Crew light wash, and another that actually zips from Chadwicks from AGES ago.) 

A blast from the past.  😃 Yes. I had the pins in the 80s. I had forgotten about them. 

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

and how did NYC get involved in this? I have a jean jacket. Brand new.

😆

Honored Contributor

I'm not at all opposed to jean jackets I've just never been a head to toe denim girl.

Back in the day they were heavy and unwieldy but that's no longer true. I have one denim jacket and it's in olive green! LOL it also has great pocket placement so my hands aren't up around my rib cage. It's nice when you can actually use the pockets on your jacket! LOL

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Here in the west/southwest/cowboy country jean jackets are not a fashion statement.  They are simply part of what we wear.

I can't remember (and I am old) not seeing jean jackets commonly worn.  Long ago mostly by men, working men, cowboys, farmers, etc.  But they became just a part of life here.

It's like boots and cowboy hats and REAL jeans that working people and country people wear. It's Ralph Lauren before Ralph Lauren.  It's American through and through! 

@Sooner.  You summed up the essence of the jean jacket.  They've been worn by working people in some form for over 100 years.  They're classic Americana.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment