Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else tired of jean jackets???

@Foxxee wrote:

Depends on the style.  I suppose we're talking about the standard slightly below the waist traditional jacket in style for years.  They will never go out of style becoming trendy every so often.  Yes, if there's a trend, all designers jump on the bandwagon offering their versions.  In that respect, I do get tired of seeing so many everywhere.  Also, short moto jackets. They sure have been overdoing that style.

I prefer longer jackets.

Here's a suggestion for you, QVC.  How about a traditional cut jean blazer that covers the butt.  No fancy cuts, embellishments, wide sleeves, ruffles, a-lines calling it updated...just a simple blazer.  

@Foxxee.  I have at least 15 jean jackets and not a single one is cropped.  Thry are all long enough to cover what needs to be covered.  My favorite is a soft yellow buttery lamb leather which I wear on colder winter days.  I love it with burgundy, browns, navy, turquoise/teal...just about all colors.  Yellow is so neutral.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

I've been tired of jean jackets for several decades. I just don't understand the attraction. Prints look silly and plain look dowdy. When I hear that people collect jean jackets I ask myself, why would anyone do that?

Speaking for myself. The answer is simple. They work for my particular

body type. They wear forever. Not terribly expensive. On trend.

@SharkE @RetRN   Because where we live, jean jackets are part of the fabric of life.  They are not just a fashion statement.  They are in now, and in OK TX NM and other Southwestern states, North Dakota and Montana and where cattle are raised and crops are farmed, they will be in long after a few people in New York City quit wearing them.

We don't dress like most people in NYC, they by and large don't dress like we do.  It's a good thing!  

@Sooner 

Please don't stereo type everyone in TX and other states...I dont like jean jackets... , won't own one, don't like layering.....and dont own a cowboy hat or cowboy boots either....In a Metro city we dont worry about cattle and crops...the only time jean jackets, cowboy hats/cowboy boots are popular here is for a couple weeks in February when the rodeo is in town.....

@Spurt.  You forgot to mention that every businessman exiting every offuce building in town is wearing boots and those wearing hats are wearing Stetsons.  I know what really goes on "deep in the heart of Texas".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

As you know we're transplants from Ind. took us awhile to get used to seeing the hats and belt buckles and fringe hanging from suede jackets on men. Boots look painful I'm a Birks girl and thinking about encasing my feet in narrow leather pointed toe box makes me shiver.

Now, more used to it .Reminds me of JR Ewing LOL My all time fav TV show.  The **** winds down here is what makes me mad.

By the way , when we went downtown Amarillo to the community market on Sat. There were 2 people rappelling down the front of the Santa Fe bldg.

Then, the winds started and I think they quit. We were on the way home and stopped watching them.  Guess it was an authorized event got to check out the paper today . People were standing everywhere watching them inch by rope up and down that TALL bldg. I couldn't watch I won't go up past the 1st rung on a ladder.

EEEKKKKKK !!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

I've been tired of jean jackets for several decades. I just don't understand the attraction. Prints look silly and plain look dowdy. When I hear that people collect jean jackets I ask myself, why would anyone do that?

@SharkE @RetRN   Because where we live, jean jackets are part of the fabric of life.  They are not just a fashion statement.  They are in now, and in OK TX NM and other Southwestern states, North Dakota and Montana and where cattle are raised and crops are farmed, they will be in long after a few people in New York City quit wearing them.

We don't dress like most people in NYC, they by and large don't dress like we do.  It's a good thing!  

@Sooner 

Please don't stereo type everyone in TX and other states...I dont like jean jackets... , won't own one, don't like layering.....and dont own a cowboy hat or cowboy boots either....In a Metro city we dont worry about cattle and crops...the only time jean jackets, cowboy hats/cowboy boots are popular here is for a couple weeks in February when the rodeo is in town.....

@Spurt.  You forgot to mention that every businessman exiting every offuce building in town is wearing boots and those wearing hats are wearing Stetsons.  I know what really goes on "deep in the heart of Texas".

@Kachina624 

Oh I must make a correction....you made me think of it....There is a commercial for a law firm where the lawyers don their Stetsons as they exit their law office to battle the "tough ombres".....animated-smileys-rolleyes-10.gifPeople here roll their eyes and shake their heads at that commercial...I think the other law firms featuring hatless lawyers do more business....😎

Where sharke lives it must be a whole different "world" in North Texas than in South Texas......When I'm out and about the only hats I see are baseball caps sporting the logo of a favorite NFL or NBA team...or a Sombero at an event honoring Hispanic Culture and roots of our Region... @SharkE fringe jackets.... really?????....The ony time I've seen those are on an old TV Western on a classic TV station ... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I'm tired of them too.  I liked jean jackets when I was younger, but not anymore. They just don't look right on me now.

Valued Contributor

No.

Contributor

My vote as a resounding "NO!". I have at least 10 jean jackets that I wear daily, in rotation, and am always on the lookout for an addition...they're part of who I am!

My gripe is designers who put their initials or name on the buttons. I like a clean look to my jackets and I DO NOT WANT someone else's name or initials on MY jacket!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@Sooner 

@Spurt I sort of think you have that backwards.  It's the people in the cities that get mentioned in fashion discussions and life in general.  Rarely is that directed to the people that live in rural areas and really do wear these clothes and really do live the different lives that don't get talked about.

Look in the grocery stores and think about who grows all that food you see--it's the rural areas.  Do you think about or understand these people, how they live and who they are?  Most likely not.  And they probably outnuber the people in the city areas like Dallas and Houston.  

And yes, I know most people in metro areas don't care or think about the people in rural areas.  Not even when they buy a loaf of bread, eat an ear of corn, or go out for a steak dinner. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Depends on the style.  I suppose we're talking about the standard slightly below the waist traditional jacket in style for years.  They will never go out of style becoming trendy every so often.  Yes, if there's a trend, all designers jump on the bandwagon offering their versions.  In that respect, I do get tired of seeing so many everywhere.  Also, short moto jackets. They sure have been overdoing that style.

I prefer longer jackets.

Here's a suggestion for you, QVC.  How about a traditional cut jean blazer that covers the butt.  No fancy cuts, embellishments, wide sleeves, ruffles, a-lines calling it updated...just a simple blazer.  

@Foxxee I have at least 15 jean jackets and not a single one is cropped.  Thry are all long enough to cover what needs to be covered.  My favorite is a soft yellow buttery lamb leather which I wear on colder winter days.  I love it with burgundy, browns, navy, turquoise/teal...just about all colors.  Yellow is so neutral.

Confused. How can a jean jacket be leather?

If I'm not mistaken, I think most people here are talking about denim jackets when referring to jean jackets. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

I prefer longer jackets.

@Foxxee.  I have at least 15 jean jackets and not a single one is cropped.  Thry are all long enough to cover what needs to be covered.  My favorite is a soft yellow buttery lamb leather which I wear on colder winter days.  I love it with burgundy, browns, navy, turquoise/teal...just about all colors.  Yellow is so neutral.

@Kachina624 

I have one, I'd call it vintage, now, exactly like the standard jean jacket except it's 3/4 length long...to mid-thigh. I guess I haven't looked hard enough for longer versions.