Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else tired of jean jackets???

I think folks are mixing apples with oranges here.

Jean jackets just aren't the standard bleached denim, med wash or dark indigo wash.

Sure, you got Levi type that's fine, basic and will always be around

Then, you got colors, stretchy knits, different sleeves, different lengths.

I like the ombre effect, embroidery , etc. More classey jackets that people don't see everyday and come up and ask you "where did you get that jacket"?  Frayed hem and cuffs are one of my favorites, also, not all tore up, but, just a little distressed here and there.

Respected Contributor

Funny.  I just bought two!  

The first if from Chico's, purchased for $19!  It's got really nice seam details, but the sleeves are a bit short (I'm small and ordered a petite).  Could used another 3/4" on the sleeves!.  I will probably return it because of the sleeves.

Bought the second one at one at a Talbots clearance store for $20.  This one is more basic.... no seam details, no fold-down collar.  It is distressed, with a little fraying on the edge of the collar and cuffs.  I had a medical appointment yesterday, where I knew I'd be in a cold room for a couple of hours.  It was perfect for that.

Both of these are in a lighter wash, while I prefer a darker wash, these are fine. 

I have two older ones that I'll donate.  The first is just a little too small, while the second has three-quarter length sleeves and is stiff.  I find that it sits in the closet for those reasons, so it's on its way to a new home!

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

That is really cute!

Basic Editions Basic Editions Women's Denim Jacket - Polka Dot

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

dg2-by-diane-gilman-tie-dye-denim-jacket-d-2018052908464748~608409_409.jpg

My latest one from HSN gonna wear to the flea market Sat in the cool morning hrs.  Reduced to 30 !     608-409 HSN#

Honored Contributor

I'm not tired of jean jackets,  I have two denim jackets, one blue and one black....and one Denim and Co jacket in an ivory color, that I wish was still available, but I am finding them to be a tad short for some of the longer tops.  

I'd like to see attractive jackets that are longer.  I do not like my shirt hanging out of my jacket.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I don't like cropped either as far as that goes.

@SharkE , if I looked as cute as you do in your collection, I would have dozens of them.Woman HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

To me, jean jackets are timeless and aren't going anywhere anytime soon.  That being said, I don't own one, probably should, and I rarely see them offered on QVC.  However, I also don't sit and watch QVC, mostly pop over during a commercial or when nothing else is on.  So, no, I'm not tired of them.

Honored Contributor

@emmysmom =

I agree for me at least. I had 2 that I really enjoyed but then decided they just weren't for me anymore. They looked so "dated" (and I hate that word)Woman Tongue

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@SharkE , if I looked as cute as you do in your collection, I would have dozens of them.Woman HappyHeart

Thank you sweetie

If I could figure out how to increase my butt and decrease my bust I'd

look a lot better..

I blame the recumbent bike making me buttless

36_35_8.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Me either.  In fact I considered going back to my earlier post and adding "no cropped jean jackets for me." I like them longer.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett