Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone else tired of jean jackets???

There are several fashion blogs that I read:  Beth Djalali, Cyndi Spivey and Jolynne Shane and they wear denim jackets often.  With dresses, skirts, pants, etc.  They always look nice.  I wore an Isaac maxi dress and a Christopher and Banks denim jacket to church last Sunday because like @SharkE I freeze in most buildings.  I don't think that they are going away any time soon.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I've been tired of jean jackets for several decades. I just don't understand the attraction. Prints look silly and plain look dowdy. When I hear that people collect jean jackets I ask myself, why would anyone do that?

Speaking for myself. The answer is simple. They work for my particular

body type. They wear forever. Not terribly expensive. On trend.

Honored Contributor

Never.

Respected Contributor

Tired of them, yes.  If I wanted one it would be a Levi's one only.

Respected Contributor

Heck no. I love jean jackets with dresses and skirts. It's a great thing to throw on during cool mornings and early fall days. And when I ride the bus to work, I either have one or my Logo hoodie with me in case the driver starts blasting the AC and I get chilly. I also like that they now offer ones with elbow length sleeves and in longer lengths. 

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I don't mind other people wearing them, but I don't.  The last time I owned one I was in school.  As an adultI think denim jackets are not very verstaile, and I don't care for the stiff fabric.  If I need a light/mid weight jacket, I will go for a wool, cotton, poly/rayon, knit jacket/blazer, a hoodie, or light windbreaker type material. I love hoodies in knits or windbreaker type material because I can cover my head, so very practical.  I also love the soft fabric, and that I can take them off and roll them up without makng a mess of them.

Yes..Ita...I have several blazers..hoodies and LOTS of faux/leather jackets! I never tire of these!!!! HeartWoman Happy

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I just prefer a more polished less casual look. As far as I am concerned, if you see one you have seen them all

Respected Contributor

Yep

Honored Contributor

I rarely if ever wear jeans so I own no jeans jackets either. I think my height makes them all look like they belonged to my petite sister (if I had one.) I need jackets with some length and cropped anything looks bad on me....

Esteemed Contributor

collectioRe: Anyone else tired of jean jackets???

• I have a collection of ten plus Jean jackets and almost all of them are Chicos (acquired in different ways: on sale from Chicos or via Ebay).
  • I am 75 and live in the Southwest and don't ever see these going away from my wardrobe.  I get tons of compliments.