Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone else tired of hi-low hems and long sleeve shirts & tunics

I'm more tired of shark bite hems....can't stand them.  But a lot of women love them .

Esteemed Contributor

@disneynut57why not shop some place else for a fresh new take?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I no longer purchase these types of hems....I've seen some cute shirts that I would have purchased but when I see the hi and very low/long back hem and shark bite....easy pass.

Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I don't buy them. Too faddish. Now longer need a revolving wardrobe. I usually buy basic styles that won't seem to go out of fashion. One reason why I no longer shop places like Chico's. Got tired of the hi-low, asymmetrical, knotted, fringed, cold shoulder, slit sleeve, bat winged, shark bite, moto, peekaboo, keyhole, or hooded tops. Sure there's a few other categories I've forgotten. 

@Etoile308they've been a fad for quite some time then.  You only see hi/low hems a lot on these shopping channels.  I don't see so much in the b&m stores I shop from.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

I stopped buying them along with all tunics, shark bite, diagonals, hoodies. I was finished with hoodies the day I took my scissors to the hoodie I was wearing on my bath robe.

Some think Am and Co Co look great in them. I don't. They look like they have Mom's clothes on.  

That's o.k. as I have too many tops with tags on them in my closet anyway. 

Respected Contributor

I'm not tired of them; I've just never liked them.

Respected Contributor

Hi-low hems and sharkbite hems don't bother me. I like sharkbite hems.

Long sleeves being sold in summer especially if where you live gets unbearably hot to me is ridiculous. They always say "but what if you're in air conditioning in a public place" but for me, I would just bring a cardigan that I can remove when I'm not under A/C. 

Honored Contributor

No I hate them. I'm 5'4" and I have small derriere that sticks out a little and I like to show it off.

Honored Contributor

Add the shark bite hems and the cold shoulder junk where the sleeves drag down the arm---looks sloppy to me---not at all attractive----don't mind tunics or sleeves, the 3/4 sleeves I wear----

Honored Contributor

There is one style of hi-lo that's been shown a lot lately that is absolutely awful- and no matter who makes it - it looks "cheap."

I call if a "fanny flap."  

Front hem is straight across and then there's this big flap of fabrc in the back.  It's usually squared off - less effort (and no doubt cheaper) to sew straight edges than curved edges.

The fabric is usually printed on one side - and the reverse side of the fabric is visible.