Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else see the Donna Karan piece on CBS this morning?

Thanks, JJM. How wonderful!

Honored Contributor

As an aside, Louis has "dreamy" eyes. So artistic in his countenance.

ETA: By "dreamy" I mean that he has the eyes of a dreamer, of someone who sees things from an artistic point of view. I did not mean it in the sense of "what a dreamy guy," although one could write that as well.

Honored Contributor

On 2/21/2014 Goldie76 said:

Thanks, JJM. How wonderful!

YW Goldie76.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

We were all so young, once.

Honored Contributor

On 2/21/2014 LDOlvr said:

The playwright Tennessee Williams said it best: "Ah, sweet bird of youth," or something like that. So true.

Super Contributor

The playwright Tennessee Williams said it best: "Ah, sweet bird of youth," or something like that. So true.

I agree with George Bernard Shaw who wrote "Youth is wasted on the young!" Not true in every case, of course. Look at these young people who stepped up to the plate.

It does get me thinking about how much the world has changed. I wonder whether the same scenario would happen today with 2 young unknowns taking over a major brand. What an incredible opportunity!

Honored Contributor

ckquote>On 2/21/2014 Debbie1426 said:

I agree with George Bernard Shaw who wrote "Youth is wasted on the young!" Not true in every case, of course. Look at these young people who stepped up to the plate.

It does get me thinking about how much the world has changed. I wonder whether the same scenario would happen today with 2 young unknowns taking over a major brand. What an incredible opportunity!

You know, Debbie, what deep, rich talent Louis and Donna (Kaplan?) Karan possess. What they did as veritable "youngsters" is phenomenal. Two truly talented individuals. (Can you tell that I am emotionally over-wrought today? Witness Donna Kaplan. Whoever she is, I'm sure she is talented, too. I also just got off the elevator on the wrong floor.)
Super Contributor

Thanks Debbie, and to JJM for the link. Such a fan of DK. Think she epitomizes the turn the world is taking now.

Trusted Contributor

Donna and Louis grew up together! They go back to the days when they would sit at the kitchen table together after school. Louis would sketch and Donna would make up his designs. Then of course she started doing her own designs and Louis learned about construction. They had already been a team when they took over Anne Klein.

Super Contributor

I love Voguepedia! For those who have not seen it, it's has a great section on Donna. Here too she talks about Louis. If you scroll down past the article and onto the next page there is a history/timeline of her life in fashion. Amazing!

Oops forgot to link the link click here

Oh, and if you have not been to her store Urban Zen in NY, it's really worth a visit. I love the connection to her now deceased husband and the charity!