Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else not a big fan of scarves?

I don’t wear scarves, either for fashion or for warmth. I find them to be a PITA, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

F64B6AF5-3869-4CF6-8707-4B4043BB2438.jpegI decided to wear a scarf today....it is very soft...and it's chilly here today, so it felt nice.  I did take it off when I ate 😂!

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

I notice on Andrea's thread that a lot of women wear scarves.   For some reason I have never taken to them.  Maybe because I don't know how to style them.    Also, I feel that in some ways they take away from the outfit.   Obviously I'm wrong as they certainly are a huge fashion statement.      I will say that scarves are very pretty just not on me.

I don't like them either.  They really look good on othersSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I admire them on other people and think they add a lot to a simple outfit.  I have purchased quite a few in the past with the intention of wearing them.  However, I just don't like to bother with them.  On the few occasions I have worn them, I fuss with them constantly, they never seem to stay how I want them and I feel they make me hot!  So, I guess I would say I am a fan of them but just not on me!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Me, Im not a scarf person.  I have wore thin long scarves before but not very many times.

IMO the bulky scarves make people look like they are wearing a cervical collar and have no neck.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Why do you think you are wrong about scarves?  There is no right or wrong; there are only opinions and we're entitled to our opinions.  I collect scarves of all types, I've been a scarf, ruana, wrap person since I was in my 20's.  I don't believe they take anything away from an outfit, I think when done riight,  they enhance and personalize an outfit.  I've never been a "fussy" dresser.  I prefer basic colors and clean lines so scarves are often my pop of color, they add interest and depth to an outfit.  

Honored Contributor

I only wear scarves around my neck when I wear a leather, suede, wool or other dry cleanable coat or jacket.

The scarf keeps body oils from my neck from getting ring around the collar on my garments.  

I have some beautiful scarves, many from my travels around the world.  They are so easy to pack and don't break in the suitcase like other collectibles.

Honored Contributor

I do not care for scarves-except to keep my neck warm in the winter. I really think the "eternity" scarves look terrible.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Junebug54 

'alot of women.....is a bit overstated. I've only seen @ECBG  and @lolakimono post pics wearing scarves..(not that there's anything wrong with it) but we've all got different styles of dressing. the scarves I own are 2 knit infinities for cold weather and even then I had to look up how to fashion them on You tube! lol

Wraps and Ruanas?? Forget about it! I'm a lazy dresser

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Me, Im not a scarf person.  I have wore thin long scarves before but not very many times.

IMO the bulky scarves make people look like they are wearing a cervical collar and have no neck.

@Imaoldhippie Absolutely!  Scarves can be over done.  Proportion is a big part of the picture.