Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone else not a big fan of scarves?

@alicedee wrote:

I like how they look on others...but I am short and large-busted, and I always feel they look funny on me.  

I plan on experimenting more with them this winter.  Can't stand anything wrapped around my neck in the summer!

Me either Alice unless it is a nice gold necklace. 

Trusted Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

I don't care for scarves either.  I much prefer jewelry over scarves. To me, most of the time, they just look cluttered at the neckline. I would never choose one as an accessory. 

I don't mind a long, knitted scarf hanging long in cool weather. That doesn't happen much here!  

Same with me; much prefer nice jewelry anyday.

Honored Contributor

No. The only time I wear a scarf, a wool one around my neck, is with a winter coat.

Honored Contributor

Too fussy for me.

Honored Contributor

I admire them on others, but they overwhelm me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

I like how they look on others...but I am short and large-busted, and I always feel they look funny on me.  

I plan on experimenting more with them this winter.  Can't stand anything wrapped around my neck in the summer!

@alicedee Of you love a scarf, have you tried to knot it several times making a necklace?Smiley Happy  More knots make it shorter.

See the source image

@ECBG I love that!  I took a screen shot so I can work on recreating it.  Thanks so much!

Esteemed Contributor

Take away from the outfit? A scarf usually makes an outfit!

It took a long time for scarves to grow on me. Now I have quite the collection. With the return of cool weather I will be reaching for a scarf often. I bought two new scarves last month and added another one today. A LV print. Says it's silk, made in France. I think it's a knockoff. Picked it up at a yard sale today for crazy cheap.

Honored Contributor

I think they can be so pretty and enhance an outfit. I admire when people have a knack for making them look great.

I have several that I like a lot but also do not like anything around my neck uness it is very cold, otherwise I would wear them more often.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@alicedee It's just knots Sweetie.  Don't be concerned.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I didn't see the other thread ... but I'm a BIG fan of scarves.  I have no idea how many I own ... every size, color, fabric you can imagine.  

I got my first one (a Pucci) from my boss as a going-away gift ... in 1970.  Changed my life!