Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else not a big fan of scarves?

[ Edited ]

I LOVE scarves! In fact that's how my dh was attracted to me! Way back, in the early seventies, we worked at the same company. I always wore a cute little short scarf around my neck that matched my outfit. He always tells me that's what attracted him to me,,,,,my fashion sense. I still love to wear scarves with my coats/jackets. Woman HappyHeartMan Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I love scarves.  I don’t wear them in summer but I most certainly do in the other three seasons.  I am a big walker and they are a must for me on cool and cold winter walks.  I have lots of them.  LM

Honored Contributor

I only wear them in the winter over my winter coat.  It keeps the makeup off my coat collar. I bought a new coat about 2 weeks ago that fit me to a tee and I really loved the style.  It is not my best color, however, so I will buy a scarf to go with it that is more complimentary to my skin tone.

Honored Contributor

I hate scarves.  Just another accessory I can lose.  In winter, I'll wear a heavy scarf just to keep warm.  I'll wear them for practical reasons.  Never wear them for aesthetic reasons.  Simply because they are not necessary.

Respected Contributor

Spoiler

I love the look of them.  However, I cannot eat in a restaurant with one on. 

Respected Contributor

In cooler weather everyone wears them in Europe,even men. It is for warmth and to extend the wardrobe looks . Often dresses up classic clothing .I did not see scarves as often there in the summer  as of course ,too hot.

Honored Contributor

The only scarves I have ever worn are winter ones Woman Happy with my winter coat!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor

I love scarfs as an accessory item. 

If you don't know how to wear them, do an on-line search.  There are many U-Tube videos that have great, super easy ways to wear them.

I hate when my neck is chilled.  It makes my whole body feel chilled. Just that little bit of fabric makes a big difference when air conditioning is blowing right down my neck.

Super Contributor

I find such beautiful scraves and think I'm going to start wearing them.  I never do!  I am not sure why, I just feel ackward in a scarf. I do like to put a scarf on my outdoor jacket in the winter.  That looks cute and is a nice color accesory.  I also admire other ladies with scraves, they always look so pulled together and smart.  

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

I love scarfs as an accessory item. 

If you don't know how to wear them, do an on-line search.  There are many U-Tube videos that have great, super easy ways to wear them.

I hate when my neck is chilled.  It makes my whole body feel chilled. Just that little bit of fabric makes a big difference when air conditioning is blowing right down my neck.

------------------------------------------

@BunSnoop 

I'm the same way.   I take after my mother.  Always had something around her neck.