Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone else not a big fan of scarves?

Love and wear a silk type with winter coats.  It certainly adds color and interest to what you're wearing.  I notice people smile (especially men) who seem to take positive notice.  Not many women take that added step in dressing for public appointments.

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Too fussy for me.

That's it exactly @tansy .

Fussy.

A woman can be well dressed and elegant with FAR less cluttering up a pretty top.

Honored Contributor

I don't wear scarves, but think they look nice on others.

Trusted Contributor

Sadly, I'm just not comfortable with scarves. I love them on other people, just not me.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

Back when I wore mostly suits & dresses to work (casual Friday was slacks day), I wore scarves all the time.  They were my favorite accessory!  I don’t have to dress like that for work any more so I don’t wear them, even when I wear a dress to the office.  Plus, living in a year-round warm climate they’re simply too hot.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I love seeing them on other women but on me they just don't look right.   I don't have a long neck so they just seem to overwhelm my face.

I purchased a few from the Joan Rivers collection but I've never worn them.  I keep trying to think of ways to use them as decorative items since I hate to see them just sitting in the drawer.  

Respected Contributor

The only time you'll see me wearing a scarf is when I'm outside in the cold shoveling or snowblowing so it's a winter scarf.

That being said, no, I do not care for scarves. They definitely don't fit into my style of dress, which is comfy casual. I never see anyone wearing them around here unless they are winter scarves. "Senior" ladies are who I've only ever seen wearing scarves, the very few times I actually recall seeing them on anyone. No one my age. They generally make an outfit too "busy" and "bulky" looking to me tbh. But then again, I dress very casual, nothing fancy, so what do I know. LOL

Trusted Contributor

Silk scarves are a staple in my wardrobe.  I always have a large one with me to wrap around my shoulders if I'm chilled.  

Honored Contributor

I just recently have started wearing scarves.  I like that they add color  and interest to an otherwise plain outfit. I am still figuring out how to use them. 

Valued Contributor

I own a lot of beautiful scarves and I used to wear them a while back but I have long hair and just like with hoods, they tend to make knots in my hair by the back of neck so I tend to stay away from them now.