Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone else buy 2 sizes of item to see what fits?

I have had that happen many times. Sometimes in the reviews it will say red runs small, black runs large & if that seems to be the case I send one back to exchange either up or down a size. Most of the sizing reviews are posted after I place an order. If I can't exchange it's $3.50 to try something on. I have to buy tall pants & QVC has them so I just order them & figure it out for myself.

Esteemed Contributor

No, I've never ordered two different sizes of an item. When I was working, I ordered SG tops and a few jackets, but her sizing was consistent. Now that I'm retired, I only order a few casual pieces, usually Cuddl Duds and I know their sizing. If I need anything dressier and have a question about sizing, I'd head to Macy's....either the B&M or online, since returning an item is a whole lot easier with them.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I have, most often in pants, but I have just about given up on them.  If the waist is comfortable, the hips and thighs are often way too big.  So I'll order two to see if the smaller stretchy waist is tolerable.  lol

I do check the measurements and read reviews.  Sometimes one review will say an item runs big and another will say it runs small!  

If ordering two sizes, more often it is when I'm ordering a lot.  That way I can combine many returns in one box and pay one return shipping.

Trusted Contributor

As @Kachina624 well said, it is away too pricey ti have the luxury of returns.

When I order, I double check the measurements of the garment, "size" myself and then order.

So far, only once the item I received (Joan Rivers trench coat) was one size a bigger to me, but I did kept it. 

Its a heartache to send it back, wait for it to be processed, wait for it QVC to put the money back ...

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I've done it a few times over the years with Louis Dell Olio items.  Many of his things would sell out during the show, so if I really loved it and would have been extremely disappointed to miss out, I would order two sizes.  I just considered the return fees part of the cost of the garment.  But this was only with a select few items that "gave me joy" as Marie Kondo says.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

No, if I'm in doubt, I pass on the item.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 

No. Never. I study the garment measurements (and take my measurements regularly) and they serve me well. If something doesn’t fit, it is usually a defect. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, not me.  The cost for returning is high so buying two sizes could get expensive quickly.  However, if I purchase a top and it does not fit, I return it or if it does not look on me, I return and toughj tootsies for the Q.  Sometimes you can't avoid returning.  No one enjoys returning but sometimes it is necessary.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Most of the time I do order 2 different sizes to see which fits. 

Super Contributor

I just did on the Kim Gravel's primabelle jeggings. They are new, so no reviews. I own Flexibelles and a pair of TripleLuxe crops. Had to return a pair of TripleLuxe denim before because they fit so differently than the Flexibelles, but then the crops I ordered fit fine. I looked at garment measurements but I can't be sure how much stretch they have. I don't order two different sizes often due to the cost of returning, but sometimes you need to. If I like one size, I can always exchange for a different color for free.