Trusted Contributor

I was just working on my closet this morning and it is a big job.  I bought a belt hanger and a plastic hanger for scarfs too so I am really getting into it this year.  I usually change over the clothes with the season change and then get stuff together to donate.  My tastes seem to change and some items I saved from last year thinking I would wear them this summer and of course, I didn't wear them so off they go into the donation bag.  You are so right that it feels liberating and it feels so good to have room in the closet.  Now I have room for new fall clothes, which starts the process all over again.

Respected Contributor

No. I love having so many options.

Trusted Contributor

I'm trying to live very simply.  Have 1 or 2 wall hangings in the bedrooms and living room, 1 thing hanging in the eating area and the rest of the place has bare walls.  As for closets, I've cleared out my clothes from 4 closets to 1-1/2 and plan to go through those early this week.  Have a couple of coupons for some new things, so will get rid of many things before I allow myself anything new.  Hope to pick up a few new things for DH also, he needs to replenish for work.

I like the feeling of things being simple, not a lot of stuff hanging around.  The basement has a small room for storage and that needs a bit of purging, other than that, I feel pretty light right now.Smiley Happy & enjoying the feeling.

Honored Contributor

Whatever I don't wear in a year, getout.gifit goes.

The best thing about purging, is that I don't have to purchase hangers.  All the extra hangers are now hanging at the end of my closets.

This year, I have no reason to purge.  I've already worn everything.  This means my wardrobe is all in order & up to date. yahoo.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Last weekend my neighbor had a yard sale. I had several bags of clothes that I had planned to take to charity but instead I gave them to my neighbor and told her she could have them for her sale. She was thrilled!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Okay, so far I tossed two pair of cords - too big and I ripped all the tags off, including size (it's a peeve), so I won't be donating those.

The following have just been washed and are in the dryer (preparing to donate):

- turquoise tee - if I wore it once, I might be lying

- coral tee - coral can be funky on me, this shade was LOUD!!!

- ivory paisley embossed 3/4 sleeve top from JCP - wore it once or twice

- tangerine blouse - thing is too big, never wore it

I'm also donating a suede pair of bare traps ankle boots I bought from Carson's in the winter.  They have fringe and I could have handled that, but they are some funky rust color I couldn't get beyond.  Soles barely have a mark on 'em.

I'm on a roll now, he he he.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Regular Contributor

Once the high heat and humidity broke, I began to try and ferret out clothes and trinkets that needed new homes. The hardest part iis in packing them up so they will look wearable to the places I donate them. Has anyone found an effective way to pack up creaseable clothing? I'm also thinning out my stash of cosmetic products. The Skinn line by Dimitri is wonderful, but the kits have products that don't get used. Reading how our fellow posters deal with purging and packing donations is so inspiring and helpful.

Trusted Contributor

I am working  on it right now. I have a bag of summer clothes that don't fit anymore. I will have to wait until next spring to bring it to the good will. They do not like to recieve off season clothing. 

I have to slow down with my spending. The past two years I have bought more than I need. At least with the high prices from the Q I don't buy much from them at all. But my clothes don't wear out since I take good care of them so I get tired of them before they are worn out!

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

I did a few weeks ago.  I hadn't worn them in a while and didn't think I would miss them if I got rid of them.   I could probably get rid of a few more.  I like to do that every so often because going through everything is just too overwhelming.   Lol

@bri20 wrote:

I did a few weeks ago.  I hadn't worn them in a while and didn't think I would miss them if I got rid of them.   I could probably get rid of a few more.  I like to do that every so often because going through everything is just too overwhelming.   Lol

I did some and donated some clothing.  Yesterday I worked on tossing old make-up and organizing my supply of unopened items, etc.  Need more work on closet.  Another upcoming project is going through all of my wrapping paper, ribbon, tissue paper, etc. and organizing it. 

Honored Contributor

I actually started the day getting rid of magnets and inspirational notes on my fridge.  I've already gone through cupboards and checked expiration dates.

I actually thought I had a zit on my forehead 2 days ago, lol, so I grabbed my tube of Neutrogena Naturals on the spot zit cream.  Uh, I don't think they make it anymore and mine expired in August 2015.  I was lucky it still worked and didn't break out my entire forehead.  Lord have mercy.....

I replaced it with something else - fresh - don't expire until 2018.

Check your cupboards and medicine chests.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise