Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone changing clothing choices now that Labor Day is here?

I dress according to the weather/temperature, not what a calendar says.
Respected Contributor

Image result for wearing white after labor day

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always consider Labor Day to be the unofficial end of summer, even though I know the calendar states otherwise.

It is still warm here in Ohio although you can definitely feel the change.  Yesterday was 82 and still humid here and it's supposed to be nice and mostly sunny all week.

When it gets cool I'll change into cooler weather clothes but I'm not dressing in fall clothing until fall temps arrive.  That could be in a week or it could be in a month.  You just never know what September will bring for my part of Ohio.  I don't wear white pants, white shoes or carry a white handbag so that is never an issue for me.

Honored Contributor

I saw a woman this morning on my train platform wearing a wool peacoat.  I guess she was so excited to wear it.  But it's 96 outside right now. Smiley Surprised

Trusted Contributor

I don't wear white shorts/capris/pants after Labor Day.  I don't wear those too much anyway, so it's no big deal.  I also don't wear pink after Labor Day.  I packed away pink jean jackets and t-shirts today.  I do have a bright pink boiled wool blazer and a cranberry pink fleece quarter zip that I will wear this winter.

Respected Contributor

Yes, leaving hot Alabama for the "cold" of Alaska.

Respected Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Image result for wearing white after labor day

i prefer "to each his/her own."   "antiquated" sounds judge-y.

white handbags/shoes/summery jewelry are put away here chez moi  once Labor Day arrives, still staying in cool clothing in the heat of California. what others do is their affair.