Super Contributor

Re: Anyone changing clothing choices now that Labor Day is here?

It will be over 105 F. all week here in the Lower Sonoran Desert of Arizona so the answer is no. Weather doesn't usually break until Halloween. White is OK year round out here.

Trusted Contributor

Sitting here reading this in my favorite green Birkenstock sandals that I got from QVC probably 15 years ago.  With new black compression stockings and shorts. 

If you haven't tried Birkenstocks with compression stockings, you've got to give it a try.  

Honored Contributor

I never understood why some people think Summer is over after Labor Day.  it is not over until September 23 this year.

The weather dictates what I wear, not the calendar.  Most of my clothing can be worn year around...I am a fan of cotton.  I am wearing white capri's today with a navy 3/4 sleeve t-shirt.

My closet storage is huge and I do not have to switch out seasonal clothing, so no special planning is required.  I just grab and go.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Maybe because of our year-long temperate weather, I've never gone by any such rules.

@sidsmom, hmmm....socks with sandals? Are you sure? I guess I might have some rules after all. :-)

@suzyQ3 

Giggle.

Athletes have no rules.

Hang with a lot of cyclists & soccer players...

where socks-with-sandals is uniform!

🚴‍♀️⚽️

Okay, @sidsmom , you're excused. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

In Vegas, it is almost always summer.  I wear slides and sandals pretty much all year; as for clothes, everyone wears whatever is comfortable.It has been wicked hot all summer and that will continue until almost Thanksgiving.  The fashion police would fall over dead at some of the get-ups seen in public here.  So, no, those fashion rules just don't apply in the middle of the Mojave Desaert.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Maybe because of our year-long temperate weather, I've never gone by any such rules.

@sidsmom, hmmm....socks with sandals? Are you sure? I guess I might have some rules after all. :-)

@suzyQ3 

Giggle.

Athletes have no rules.

Hang with a lot of cyclists & soccer players...

where socks-with-sandals is uniform!

🚴‍♀️⚽️

Okay, @sidsmom , you're excused. :-)

@suzyQ3 

But we have those spandex cycling shorts...oooof.

Have to look the other way, at times! 

Honored Contributor

I dress for the weather but do not wear white after labor day and do not wear things that scream summer...I am slowling washing things to put away.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GrailSeeker wrote:

Sitting here reading this in my favorite green Birkenstock sandals that I got from QVC probably 15 years ago.  With new black compression stockings and shorts. 

If you haven't tried Birkenstocks with compression stockings, you've got to give it a try. 

Woman LOL!

@GrailSeeker -

So funny! I just got compression stockings for me and my mom.

When I'm on the plane in the summer I have been known to wear both those stockings with sandals cause you know, I want to wear the sandals alone when I get there! And I defy anyone to tell me I am not a fashion plate lol!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Weather stays warm in central Midwest for quite a while. Takes a brisk turn before end of October. Third week in October is when I change seasons in my closet and inspect what I need to keep for next season. Give the items I haven't worn away. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Not me!  I live in the Southwest and it's still about 110 all this week.