Honored Contributor

Anyone changing clothing choices now that Labor Day is here?

[ Edited ]

Since it's still pretty hot where I'm located (Memphis), I'm still wearing the same summer-ish clothing.  I'll bring out the fall clothing when the weather changes. 

White after Labor Day?  Sure - why not.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone changing clothing choices now that Labor Day is here?

I am using a brown bag right now. I will be able to wear some of the clothes I love ,again. We are now down to the 70's . I hope it lasts

Respected Contributor

Not yet. Going to be 100 with 10% humidity. I may be nothing but a pile of ash by tomorrow. Lol

Esteemed Contributor

Not in Arizona. We’ve got until Halloween until the long sleeves come out. The white after Labor Day rule doesn’t apply here. 

Respected Contributor

It typically remains quite warm here through the end of September and sometimes even to the middle of October.  I won't change out clothing until the weather changes.  It is rare that I change out of shorts and tee shirts and other summer clothing until it gets really cool.  Hubby wears shorts in the house almost all year, lol!

Trusted Contributor

It's still close to 90 in this part of NC.  So no, not yet.  But I'll be thrilled when the weather gets cooler and STAYS that way.  Always look forward to fall wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

I will continue to wear white and summer items through September since it is stays warm here through the month. Once October rolls around I will stop wearing my white pants, shorts, sweaters and other summery items. If we have a warm spell in October I have plenty of short sleeve items that don’t “scream” summer that I can wear. 

Honored Contributor

I am washing and putting up the white pants now and starting to stow the summer shoes for the winter.

As we get into September the light softens and the landscape changes color from summer's greens and flowers and the white just starts to look wrong, so I always start now switching to clothes more in colors that blend with autumn!  

Since it may be warm until Thanksgiving I have a lot of lighter weight transitional clothes in fall colors.  And shoes.  

Honored Contributor

I dress for the weather, not by the date on the calendar. I have plenty to choose from, for whatever the weather wants to send my way, and that can change on a daily basis, considering the climate change we are experiencing more and more.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I just changed out my handbag to a brown one. I'm staying with lightweight clothing but in colors more appealing for fall, no pastels or brights. I'm wearing muted colors right now and no white bottoms or white shoes.