Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone besides me own NO dresses or skirts?

[ Edited ]

Yep, zero dresses and skirts.

I'm much more comfortable in bottoms with leg openings. ;-) 

Trusted Contributor

I have many dresses. I could not live through the heat of summer without them. It gets pretty warm where I live in Utah. I like to be out on the deck injoying my beautiful yard. Not hibernating in the house all summer. 

Respected Contributor

Me too, Almost none!  I Own 1 or 2 dresses for weddings, funerals.  I have pasty white legs and am anti- hosiery, so I live in pants, sometimes shorts if it's super hot in summer.   Also completely done with heels over 2" .  Guess Priorities change as we grow older! 

Honored Contributor

I have at least six dressy dresses, probably a dozen t-shirt dresses, a couple of long sleeveless dresses and several skirts I wear with suit jackets.

Esteemed Contributor

As much as I love skirts, since I've retired I don't have much need for them. Darn! I got rid of my skirts and dresses from my working years - although I did it in phases. My life now is casual and although I no longer have any dresses or skirts, I will NOT give up my jewelry! Lol! I wear it every day! One thing that I found that makes me feel very feminine in the summer is a pair of palozzo pants - that makes up for my lack of skirts.

Valued Contributor

I love dresses, wear them to work often with tights and boots in the winter and bare legs in summer. So easy, just one piece and you are dressed!  I have more cocktail dresses than I need for evening work events and date nights. Much easier than figuring out what jackets and pants to wear. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have either....haven't for years....

Trusted Contributor

The last skirt I purchased was for our children's graduations from high school.  That was 10 years ago.

A dress was probably about 20 years ago.

Honored Contributor

I am a girly girl and I like to dress in pretty things. I wear dresses to church and occasionally for an evening out. 

Respected Contributor

@Trix wrote:

I like a dress.  I don't wear them as often as I did during my working years, but I still buy a new dress once in a while.  

I'll never forget the time I went to a funeral wearing a pantsuit and was refused admittance because the congregation had a no pants on women rule.  Well, how would I know that, so Iwas not happy to be told I could not come in and pay my respects to the family.  Fortuntely, my sister kept a trenchcoat in her trunk, so I rolled up the pants and worehe trench into the church.  Ridiculous, but after that, unless I absolutely know I can, I never wear pants when attending an event at a house of worship. 

That sounds like my upbringing.  Women cannot wear slacks into the chapel.  Has to be a dress or skirt, even if it's a denim skirt.  A couple of years ago I was visiting some friends in another town.  The husband announced he was going to catholic church on Sunday morning.  He had on bermudas, t-shirt, and athletic shoes.  I was surprised that he was allowed to dress like that, and he said the priest was only interested in his soul and not his outfit.  Different strokes.