Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone besides me own NO dresses or skirts?

I suppose when you have to wear your dresses & suits to work day in & day out , week after week you can't wait to not ever have to wear them again. I felt that way about my scrubs. Couldn't wait to give them away. However, for me, dresses and skirts are what I wore to go out or to church so they were special to me, as they represent going out for a nice time.

Regular Contributor

ME!  I do not own one skirt or one dress.  20 years ago I lived in suits even though I didn't need to - I just loved them.  I had over 20 suits and 20 blazers and about 10 dresses.  Then I lost my job do to downsizing.  Took over a year to get another one and they were extremely casual.  And the day I had on a skirt and had to practically "straddle" the copier to get a paper jam and black ink was everywhere that's when I quit wearing them.  Then like you I gained a lot of weight and couldn't wear them anymore so out they went.  I don't miss wearing them at all.  I do covet the long summer tank dresses but I think they only look good on tall, thin women and that definitely isn't me.  I always wear nice dress pants when I go to a funeral.  Thanks to Susan Graver I have tons of cardigans and open front jackets so I still feel a little polished.

Regular Contributor

The last time I had a skirt on was at least 15 years ago.  And when I saw the pictures it went straight into the donation bin along with the top I had on.  I thought I looked really nice - NOT!  Smiley Surprised)

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

When, at work, years and years ago, we changed from professional dress (suits) to business casual AND I gained a significant amount of weight, I stopped wearing dresses and skirts because professionally I didn't need to and I didn't look so great in them. 

Fast forward to now.  I've dropped that weight and then some, but I still own no dresses or skirts. At all. I'm 5'5" and the cute summery maxi dresses look absolutely ridiculous on me.  With my very casual lifestyle, I just don't have a need for them for dresses and just don't bother with skirts. 

We went to a funeral yesterday. I wore black pants. 

Anyone else's closet missing dresses and skirts?

Yes, same here.  I wore suits with skirts most of the time for more than 30 yrs.  I ripped off those panty hose and put on pants with cute little socks and havent gone back.  I do have some JJill shifty type dresses that i wear with leggings, but they arent really "dresses". 

Honored Contributor

I love my dresses & skirts.

No hose

Don't care what my legs look like as long as I am COOL & comfortable.

@gidgetgh wrote:

When, at work, years and years ago, we changed from professional dress (suits) to business casual AND I gained a significant amount of weight, I stopped wearing dresses and skirts because professionally I didn't need to and I didn't look so great in them. 

Fast forward to now.  I've dropped that weight and then some, but I still own no dresses or skirts. At all. I'm 5'5" and the cute summery maxi dresses look absolutely ridiculous on me.  With my very casual lifestyle, I just don't have a need for them for dresses and just don't bother with skirts. 

We went to a funeral yesterday. I wore black pants. 

Anyone else's closet missing dresses and skirts?

Super Contributor

Four maxi summer skirts and one shift is what I have in my closet,  plus one Joan Rivers pencil skirt I have never worn.

So glad I'm not a dress designer!

Honored Contributor

I loved dresses and skirts when I was very young and had the figure for it, but as I aged that was not a good look on me. I have one black wrap dress that I wear to funerals.

Honored Contributor

My closet is full of dresses and skirts.  I wear one almost daily to work.  I also have some casual ones for summer.

Honored Contributor

Nope, I've always loved dresses. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I love dresses once it gets warmer

Heck I even wear them in winter with tall boots or alternatively with tights or over the knee socks. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval