Honored Contributor

Anyone besides me own NO dresses or skirts?

When, at work, years and years ago, we changed from professional dress (suits) to business casual AND I gained a significant amount of weight, I stopped wearing dresses and skirts because professionally I didn't need to and I didn't look so great in them. 

Fast forward to now.  I've dropped that weight and then some, but I still own no dresses or skirts. At all. I'm 5'5" and the cute summery maxi dresses look absolutely ridiculous on me.  With my very casual lifestyle, I just don't have a need for them for dresses and just don't bother with skirts. 

We went to a funeral yesterday. I wore black pants. 

Anyone else's closet missing dresses and skirts?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone besides me own NO dresses or skirts?

I have a few skirts and dresses in my closet, in the winter I wear only good slacks and jeans, in the summer the skirts and dresses get worn.  My really dressy things do not get worn at all, church these days is VERY casual...not my style so I dress up but nothing like I did 5 years ago.

My problem is I hate to get rid of the good stuff but I have been gathering things to donate so I will need to take a 2nd and 3rd look at my closet.

Honored Contributor

I very seldom wear a dress or skirt.  SInce retirement., I have no need for them,  I donated everything except  1 dress, 2 skirts and 2 suits with jackets and pencil skirts.

They are stored in a closet in a spare bedroom just in case I need them.  My bedroom walk in closet has no skirts or dresses in it.

Honored Contributor

YUP!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

None for me either! 

Honored Contributor

I love dresses, one piece dressing without the work of putting pieces together. I work at home but I wear dresses to church, to a movie, wherever. They make me feel pulled together and feminine. Don't get me wrong, I love my pants and jeans. In winter my uniform is turtleneck with jeans or black pants. Dressed up sometimes with jewelry or a scarf.

In summer dresses are essential for me. I'm tall so I can wear maxi dresses and skirts. Shorts are just stay at home wear for me.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I own two skirts, both casual and not worn often.  

Honored Contributor

I believe I have 2 dresses in my closet and 2 skirts with tops and jackets/blazers to go with them. They almost never get worn. My go to is jeans. I do also have dress pants and tops for when those are required, but being retired, that doesn't happen very much anymore.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I like a dress.  I don't wear them as often as I did during my working years, but I still buy a new dress once in a while.  

I'll never forget the time I went to a funeral wearing a pantsuit and was refused admittance because the congregation had a no pants on women rule.  Well, how would I know that, so Iwas not happy to be told I could not come in and pay my respects to the family.  Fortuntely, my sister kept a trenchcoat in her trunk, so I rolled up the pants and worehe trench into the church.  Ridiculous, but after that, unless I absolutely know I can, I never wear pants when attending an event at a house of worship. 

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
I believe I have 2 dresses in my closet and 2 skirts with tops and jackets/blazers to go with them. They almost never get worn. My go to is jeans. I do also have dress pants and tops for when those are required, but being retired, that doesn't happen very much anymore.

@Snicks1- my go to is jeans also. And in the summer, still jeans or denim crops.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?