Honored Contributor

Anyone a big Stein Mart fan?

There is a store about 20-25 minutes from me. I rarely, if ever go there. In fact, including my trip there yesterday, I have been there twice. I'm just not a fan.

First of all, I received a gift from there and needed to make an exchange and exchange something DH got. They wouldn't do an exchange of different sizes. I had to return the merchandise, they gave me gift cards and then I had to rebuy. Luckily the item I was exchanging was the same price but DH's top was now more money. So instead of doing a simple exchange, it ended up costing me money to get him the same shirt. Ridiculous.

I was roaming the store and was very, very unimpressed with the merchandise. For after x-mas, there was very little on sale and what was on sale wasn't on sale enough for how bad it looked. The handbag section was deplorable. The bags all looked cheap. They had a lot of Jessica Simpson bags and KVZ but the ugliest of the lot.

The Tignanello bags they had didn't appear to be discounted much at all and they were ugly and the leather seemed bad on them. They had a couple Calvin Klein bags, a lot of Vera Bradley and one Coach that certainly was no bargain and was out of season.

The prices on the clothing IMO were no deal and the clothing was ugly for the most part. I was very, very disappointed and walked out of there wondering what the big draw was for that store. As an aside, they opened at 10:00 and I got there right at 10:00 thinking it would be crowded and I was the only person in the store besides the employees.